Anne Mason Bonnycastle1
#157, (1911 - 1977)
|Father||William Robinson Bonnycastle1 (1874 - 1951)|
|Mother||Ida Jane Henderson1 (1891 - 1960)|
|Relationship||2nd great-granddaughter of John Bonnycastle|
|Charts||5 Generations of Descendants of Charles Bonnycastle (1796-1840)|
|Birth||Anne Mason Bonnycastle was born on 25 Nov 1911 in Vancouver, British Columbia.2|
|(with Parents) 1921 Census||Mason Ann appeared on the 1921 Census of Vancouver, British Columbia with her parents. She was 9 years old, born in BC, and attended school.3|
|Marriage||She married Hubert Scott Ackroyd on 27 Jun 1938 in Seattle, King County, Washington. They were married at the court house by William Hoar, Justice of the Peace. Hubert was from Pt Alice, BC and Anne was from Vancouver, BC. The witnesses were A E Johnson and C E Johnson.4|
|Research Note||Hugh Ackroyd was a photographer, for the navy, shooting pictures of Hollywood stars in the 1930s, then industrial work of shipping and rail in Portland. He died in 2012 at the age of 99.|
|Newspaper|| Published 10 Feb 1952 in the Ogden Standard Examiner. |
Anne Ackroyd Will Be Bride On March 4
The engagement of Anne Bonnycastle Ackroyd, daughter of Mrs W R Bonnycastle of Vancouver, B.C., and the late Mr Bonnycastle, to Lewis Scott Young, son of Mr and Mrs D R Young of Topeka, Kan., formerly of Ogden, is announced today.
Mrs Ackroyd is a graduate of Vancouver school of decorative and applied arts and did post-graduate work at the art center in Los Angeles.
Mr Young attended Weber college and University of Utah. Both are display artists for a local apparel store.
The marriage is scheduled for March 4 in the First Congregational church. The couple has chosen Miss Helen Mills, David Young and Joe Roden as their attendants.
They plan to make their home in Ogden after their marriage.
[story includes a photo of Anne]5
|Marriage||Ann married Lewis Scott Young on 4 Mar 1952 in Ogden, Weber County, Utah.6|
|Death||Anne died in 1977.|
|Burial.||She was buried on 26 Sep 1977 in Cave Hill Cemetery, Louisville, Jefferson County, Kentucky. Inscription on gravestone:|
Anne Bonnycastle Young / 1911 - 1977.7,8
|Research Note|| SSDI has an entry for Anne Young, born 25 nov 1911, died May 1977, last residence Bakersfield, Kern County, California. SS card issued in Oregon before 1951.|
The California death index has an entry for Anne B Young, born 25 Nov 1911 in Canada, died 30 May 1977 Kern County.
|Last Edited||20 Apr 2014|
- Letters from William Robinson (Rob) Bonnycastle, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, to J Kolthammer, dated beginning in 1990.
- Naturalization papers of Hubert Scott Ackroyd, dated 20 Jan 1955, US District Court, District of Oregon. Document viewed at Ancestry.com.
- Online image of the 1921 Census for Canada, viewed at Ancestry.com. British Columbia, Vancouver Center, SD 34 - Ward 1, Page 6.
- Marriage certificate of Hubert S Ackroyd and Anne M Bonnycastle, married 27 June 1938 in the State of Washington, Certificate #50452. Image viewed online at Washington State Archives.
- Ogden Standard Examiner (Utah), Ackroyd / Young engagement announcement, 10 February 1952. Image online at Ancestry.com.
- Ogden Standard Examiner (Utah). Image online at Ancestry.com.
- Burial Database for Cave Hill Cemetery, Louisville, Kentucky, online http://www.cavehillcemetery.com, Mrs Anne Bonnycastle Young was buried in Section H, Lot 24, Grave 21.
- Website Find A Grave (www.findagrave.com), Anne Bonnycastle Young, image of gravestone.