Robert Hunt West Drake1
#19882, (c 1799 - 1886)
|Mary Ingalton (1797 - )|
|Birth||Robert Hunt West Drake was born circa 1799 in London.2|
|Marriage||He married Mary (-?-).1|
|(Executor) Will||Robert Hunt West Drake was named an executor in the will of Mary Ingram dated 28 Apr 1826. He was identified as grandson in law Robert Hunt West Drake, husband of beloved Granddaughter Mary Drake.1|
|(Admon) Probate||Robert Hunt West Drake was granted administration of Mary Bonnycastle's estate on 9 Jun 1826 in Prerogative Court of Canterbury, London.1|
|(Widowed) Death||His wife Mary died before 12 Apr 1828. It is not yet known whether Mary's death was before or after Robert administered her grandmother's will.|
|Marriage||Robert Hunt West Drake married Mary Ingalton, daughter of Thomas Ingalton and Ann (-?-), on 12 Apr 1828 in Eton, Buckinghamshire.|
Robert Hunt West Drake of parish of St James, Co Middlesex, widower & Mary Ingalton, spinster of this parish, by License, married by George Bethell Fellow of Eton College. Witnesses were Chas Weatherley, Thomas Ingalton, Elizabeth Ingalton, and Anna Drake.3,1
|1851 Census||Robert and Mary Drake appeared on the 1851 Census of St James Westminster, Middlesex, at 25 Piccadilly. Robert was 52, a Furrier and born in London. Mary was 55 and born in Eton Bucks. Their children were Robert (21), Mary (18), and Anna (17). They had one house servant.2|
|1861 Census||Robt and Mary appeared on the 1861 Census of St James Westminster, Middlesex, at 25 Piccadilly. Robert was 60, a Furrier, born in St Andrews H, Middlesex. Mary was 61, born in Eaton Bucks. Their children were Robt I (31, bookseller), Mary (28), and Ann (27). They had two house servants.4|
|1871 Census||Robert and Mary Drake appeared on the 1871 Census of St James Westminster, Middlesex, at 25 Piccadilly. Robert was 69, a Furrier, born in Hat Garden Middlesex. Mary was 70, born in Eton. They had two daughters Mary E (38) and Ann E (37), as well as two servants.5|
|Death||Robert died on 9 Nov 1886 in 20 Trinity-place, Windsor, Berkshire.|
Robert Hunt West Drake, formerly of Piccadilly, in his 88th year.6,7
|Probate||His estate was proved on 25 Jan 1887. Entry from the calendar:|
Drake Robert Hunt West otherwise Robert. The Will of Robert Hunt West Drake otherwise Robert Drake formerly of 25 Piccadilly in the County of Middlesex Furrier but late of 20 Trinity-place Windsor in the County of Berks Gentleman who died 9 November 1886 at 20 Trinity-place was proved at the Principal Registry by Ingalton Drake Bookseller and Mary Elizabeth Drake and Anne Elizabeth Drake Spinsters the Daughters all of 20 Trinity-place the Executors. Personal Estate £37,538 12s. 9d. Resworn August 1887 £38,508 12s. 11d.7
|Last Edited||18 Apr 2014|
- Will and Administration of Mary Ingram of Whitchurch, County of Bucks, 28 April 1826, proved in the Prerogative Court of Canterbury, 9 June 1826 (The National Archives, PROB 11/1713, image).
- Online image of the 1851 Census for England & Wales (Ancestry.com, www.ancestry.co.uk), HO107/1484 folio 110.
- Microfilm of the Parish Register of Eton, Buckinghamshire, 1594-1960 (Family History Library, 919642-5).
- Online image of the 1861 Census for England & Wales (Ancestry.com, www.ancestry.co.uk), RG9/62 folio 96.
- Online image of the 1871 Census for England & Wales (Ancestry.com, www.ancestry.co.uk), RG10/134 folio 8.
- The London Times (Times Digital Archive), Sat, Nov 13, 1886; pg 1; Issue 31916; col A.
- England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations),1858-1966. Images viewed at Ancestry.com. Robert Hunt West Drake, 1887.