#23505, (1895 - 1961)
|Charts||5 Generations of Descendants of Sir Richard Henry Bonnycastle (1791-1847)|
|Frances Annie Brinton (1899 - 1960)|
|Birth||Edward Dabernon Dickinson was born on 27 Jun 1895 in Bude, Cornwall.|
Edward was the middle of three boys born to Arscott William Harvey Dickinson and his wife Mary Baring-Gould, daughter of the Rev Sabine Baring-Gould.1,3,2
|Passenger List||He was listed on a manifest dated 1 Sep 1921 Information on the card: Edward D Dickinson, 26, single, Manager opera omnia Lis?, birthplace Bude N Cornwall, British citizenship, religion Church of England, money on person $100, object of trip to visit friend Brinton in Westfield, Indian Head, Sask, travelling via Canadian Pacific Railroad, nearest relative in England father A W H Dickinson of Dunsland House, Brandis Corner, Devon [signed Edward D Dickinson].3|
|Marriage||He married Frances Annie Brinton, daughter of George Arnold Brinton and Fanny May Bonnycastle.4|
|Passenger List||Edward D and Frances A Dickinson were listed on a manifest dated 28 Oct 1921 for the Melita, traveling in cabin class, arriving in Liverpool from Montreal. Edward was 26, a manager, last permanent residence England. Frances was a housewife, 22, last permanent residence Canada. Their proposed address in the UK was 55 St Georges Rd London SW and they intended to reside in England.1|
|Note.||Author Edward D Dickerson:|
Heroic Hector in London Illustrated News
The Letter from a Stranger 1931
The Ugly Mugs 1931
The Flaming Sign 1930 Strand
Dibber on Duty 1938 Il Lnd News.
|(Admon) Probate||Edward Dabernon Dickinson, company director, was granted administration of his wife Frances Ann's estate on 16 Nov 1960 in London.5|
|Death||Edward died on 19 Sep 1961 in Plymouth.6|
|Probate||His estate was proved on 31 Oct 1961 in Exeter. Entry from the probate calendar: |
DICKINSON Edward Dabernon of The Rectory Lewdown Okehampton Devon died 19 September 1961 at Devonport Hospital Plymouth. Probate Exeter 31 October to Sabine Harvey Dickinson architect and Stanley John Rowland solicitor. Effects £14950 16s.6
|Last Edited||24 Nov 2012|
- UK Incoming Passenger Lists, 1878-1960 (images viewed at ancestry.com). Original data: The National Archives of the UK (TNA). Series BT26."Edward D & Frances A Dickinson, SS Melita, 28 October 1921."
- Website FreeBMD (http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/), "Edward Dabernon Dickinson, Sep Q 1895, Stratton RD."
- Canada, Immigration Form 30A, 1919-1924, Library and Archives Canada (images viewed at ancestry.com) "Edward D Dickinson, SS Empress of Britain, sailed 1 September 1921."
- E-mails from Jenny Arnold, England, to J Kolthammer.
- England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations),1858-1966. Images viewed at Ancestry.com. Frances Ann Dickinson, 1960.
- England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations),1858-1966. Images viewed at Ancestry.com. Edward Dabernon Dickinson, 1961.
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837-1983 (http://www.ancestry.com, online images), Edward A B Dickinson, mother's surname Brinton, Sep Q 1924, Hampstead RD.
- GRO Indexes to Births, 1837-1983 (http://www.ancestry.com, online images), Sabine H Dickinson, mother's surname Brinton, Sep Q 1928, Hendon RD.