#2415, (b 1740 - )
|Charts||Early Bonnycastles - Descendants of William|
|William Clifton Bonnycastle (1735 - 1771)|
|Birth||Rachael Jones was born before 1740.1|
|Marriage License||William Clifton Bonnycastle obtained a marriage license on 20 Aug 1761 from the Vicar General's Office. The license application to be married in the Parish Church of St Andrew Holborn recorded that William Bonnaycastle [sic] was a Batchelor, age 26, resided in the parish of Endfield, Middlesex for at least four weeks and that he 'intendeth to Intermarry with' Rachel Jones of St Andrew Holborn, Middlesex, a spinster aged upwards of twenty one years. William signed the document with his mark [X].1|
|Marriage||Rachael Jones married William Clifton Bonnycastle, son of William Bonnycastle and Sarah Spurlin, on 20 Aug 1761 in St Andrew Holborn, London.|
The parish register read: "William Bonnaycastle of the parish of Endfield in the County of Middlesex Batchelor and Rachael Jones of the parish of Saint Andrew Holborn in the County aforesaid Spinster; were Married in this Church by Licence on the Twentieth day of August in the year one thousand seven hundred and Sixty One; by me Jno Charles Curate. This Marriage was Solemnized between us; William the mark of X Bonnaycastle
Rachael the mark of X Jones.
In the presence of Us; Robt Perry Mary Price" These two witnessed many marriages.2
|(Widowed) Death||Her husband William died in May 1771.3|
|(Admon) Probate||Rachel Bonneycastle, widow, of Union Court in the parish of St Andrew Holborn was granted administration of her husband William's estate on 22 Apr 1772 in Archdeaconry Court of London Admon was also granted to Catherine Brough, spinster, of Plumb Tree Court in St Andrew Holborn. They posted a £100 bond. He did not leave a will and the estate was worth less than £5.3|
|Marriage||Rachael Jones married Job Sawyer on 31 Dec 1789 in St John Wapping.|
Job Sawyer, bachelor, Rachael Bonicastle, widow, both of this parish, married after banns. Both signed with an X and the witnesses were "professional witnesses" on many of the marriages in the register.4
|Last Edited||7 Jan 2011|
- Marriage Licence Allegation for William Clifton Bonnycastle and Rachael Jones, Vicar-General's Office, 20 August 1761 (Family History Library, film #0368950) "Vicar General's Office, 20 Aug 1761."
- Marriages of the parish of St Andrew Holborn. registers from London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry.com, William Bonnaycastle & Rachael Jones, 1761.
- Will and Administration of John Apletree of St Giles in the Fields, 2 February 1815, proved in the Consistory Court of London, 21 August 1815 (FHL Photoduplication Services, Film #094193).
- Marriages of the parish of St John Wapping. registers from London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry.com, Job Sawyer & Rachael Bonicastle, 1789.
- Baptisms of St Sepulchre Holborn, London. registers from London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry.com, Elizabeth Bonney, 1760.
- Microfilm of the Baptismal Register of St. Andrew's Church, Holborn, Middlesex, 1761-1780 (Family History Library, 374354), John Bonnycastle baptism, 1763.
- Microfilm of the Baptismal Register of St. Andrew's Church, Holborn, Middlesex, 1761-1780 (Family History Library, 374354), Elizabeth Bonney baptism, 1765.
- Microfilm of the Baptismal Register of St. Andrew's Church, Holborn, Middlesex, 1761-1780 (Family History Library, 374354), baptism.