Gladys Eva Wallace1
#491, (1887 - 1943)
|Father||James Henry Wallace1 (c 1862 - bt 1894 - 1901)|
|Mother||Eleanor Elizabeth Bonnycastle2,1 (1866 - 1950)|
|Relationship||3rd great-granddaughter of John Bonnycastle|
|Charts||5 Generations of Descendants of Sir Richard Henry Bonnycastle (1791-1847)|
|Gordon William Adams (c 1890 - )|
|Birth||Gladys Eva Wallace was born on 11 Oct 1887 in Campbellford, Northumberland County, Ontario.|
Information from certificate: daughter of James Henry Wallace & Ellen Bonnycastle, father a Druggist, informant James Henry Wallace of Campbellford, registered 6 April 1888.2,1
|(with Parents) 1891 Census||Gladys Eva Wallace appeared on the 1891 Census of Davisburgh, Alberta with her parents. She was 3, born in Ontario, parents born in Ontario, religion Church of England.3|
|(Other) 1901 Census||Gladus [sic] Wallace appeared on the 1901 Census of Seymour Township, Northumberland County, Ontario, in her Bonnycastle grandparents' household. Her widowed mother and sisters were also there. Gladys was 13, born October 11 1887 in Ontario, and attended school 10 months that year.2|
|Marriage||She married Gordon William Adams on 8 Feb 1922 in St Paul's Church, Vancouver, British Columbia.|
Information from certificate: Gordon William Adams, Accountant, bachelor, age 32, religion Church of England, residence Hudson Hotel, Vancouver, born in Birmingham England, father David Adams born Stirling Scotland, mother Agnes Buchanan born Glasgow Scotland;
Gladys Eva Wallace, Stenographer, spinster, age 32, Church of England, residence 1075 Barclay Street, born in Campbellford Ontario, father Henry Wallace, mother Eleanor Elizabeth Bonnycastle, both born Campbellford;
Witnesses were Andrew Rutherford Thompson and [Gladys' brother-in-law] Ernest William Arnott, both of Vancouver.4
|Death||Gladys died on 16 Sep 1943 in Vancouver, British Columbia.|
Details from the index: born 11 Oct 1888 in Ontario, married to Harrie Smith, father James Henry Wallace, mother Eleanor Elizabeth Bonnycastle.5
|Last Edited||2 May 2011|
- Birth Registrations of Ontario, 1869-1913. Image viewed at Ancestry.com. Gladys Eva Wallace, #023797-88.
- Online image of the 1901 Census for Canada (Library and Archives Canada, http://www.collectionscanada.ca/02/020122_e.html), Northumberland E (95), Seymour (i-1), page 9, line 47.
- Online image of the 1891 Census for Canada (viewed at Ancestry.com), The Territories, Alberta (197), Davisburgh (a-6), page 8.
- Marriage Register of British Columbia, Adams/Wallace, #22-09-245554.
- Family Search Record Search Indexes to British Columbia Deaths, 1872-1986, viewed online, Gladys Eva Smith, #1943-6663.
- Family Search Record Search Indexes to British Columbia Deaths, 1872-1986, viewed online, David Murrey Adams, #5408.