Hugh Charles Bonnycastle1
#672, (1917 - 1975)
|Father||George Bonnycastle1,2 (1880 - 1976)|
|Mother||Margaret Smith Eggo1,3 (1881 - 1970)|
|Relationship||3rd great-grandson of John Bonnycastle|
|Dorothy Victoria Webber (c 1926 - 1999)|
|Birth||Hugh Charles Bonnycastle was born on 14 Jun 1917 in Winnipeg, Manitoba.1|
|(Subject) Photograph||Here is Hugh Charles by his father in a family photo.4|
|(with Parents) 1921 Census||George [sic] appeared on the 1921 Census of Toronto, Ontario with his parents. He was 4 years old and born in Manitoba.5|
|(Mentioned) Newspaper||Hugh was mentioned in the Vancouver Sun story about the 21st birthday party of his sisters Frances and Jocelyn on 4 Jan 1936.6|
|Residence||In 1937, Hugh Charles Bonnycastle lived in 2031 W 45th Ave, Vancouver, British Columbia, and was a student living with his parents.7|
|(Witness) Marriage||Hugh was the groomsman at the marriage of William Eric Urquhart to his sister Frances on 22 Feb 1939 in Vancouver, British Columbia.9|
|Marriage||Hugh Charles Bonnycastle married Dorothy Victoria Webber in 1952 in Vancouver.1,10|
|Newspaper|| Published 14 May 1952 in the Vancouver Sun. |
Bride Wears Pink Brocade Wedding GownA Candlelight service, performed against a background of white flowers, united in marriage Dorothy Victoria Webber and Hugh Charles Bonnycastle.
Rev J Whinfield Robinson officiated in St Helen's Anglican Church for the daughter of Mr and Mrs A V Webber and the son of Mr and Mrs G F Bonnycastle.
The bride's ballerina-length frock in pink satin brocade was topped by a bolero jacket and worn with a matching chapel veil held by a wreath of tiny pink flowers on a pink brocade bandeau. Pale pink carnations and white iris formed the bridal bouquet.
Miss Nancy Wallace, bridesmaid, was in imported French satin brocade in teal blue, with design in white to match her white hat of French satin trimmed with baby orchids. She carried pink roses and white iris.
Bill McGillivray wa best man and Alan McLeod and Harold Read were ushers.
Mr Read also proposed the toast to the bride at the reception held afterwards at the home of the bride's parents.
Soloist at the ceremony was the groom's niece, Miss Barbara Rickson.
Mr and Mrs Bonnycastle will spend their honeymoon in Seattle.10
|(Informant) Death||Son H.C. Bonnycastle of 6961 Butler St, Vancouver registered the death of Margaret Smith Eggo.3|
|Death||Hugh died on 30 May 1975 in Burnaby General Hospital, Burnaby, British Columbia.|
Information from death certificate: usual residence 6961 Butler Street, Vancouver, married to Dorothy Victoria Webber, retail food clerk, born June 14 1917 in Winnipeg, age 57, father George Bonnycastle born Campbellford Ontario, mother Margaret Smith Eggo born Monifieth Scotland. The informant was his wife Dorothy Victoria Bonnycastle. Cremation.1
|Obituary||His obituary was published on 3 Jun 1975. |
on May 30, 1975, of Vancouver; survived by his wife Dorothy; 2 sons Michael & Brian; 1 daughter Lynn; 3 sisters Mrs Frances Urquhart, Halfmoon Bay; Mrs Peggy Rickson, North Vancouver; Mrs Jocelyn Foster, Burnaby; his father George Bonnycastle, Halfmoon Bay; memorial service was held Mon June 2 1975, cremation.2
|Last Edited||27 Sep 2011|
- Death certificate of Hugh Charles Bonnycastle, died 30 May 1975, registered 30 May 1975 in the Province of British Columbia, Certificate #75-09-009021.
- Obituary of Hugh Charles Bonnycastle in Vancouver Sun, 3 June 1975.
- Death certificate of Margaret Smith Bonnycastle, died 20 September 1970, registered 20 September 1970 in the Province of British Columbia, Certificate #70-09-012946.
- Letters from Georgia Rickson, Vancouver, to J Kolthammer, dated early 1990s.
- Online image of the 1921 Census for Canada, viewed at Ancestry.com. Ontario, York West, Sub-District 69 Toronto, Page 7.
- The Vancouver Sun, Frances and Jocelyn Bonnycastle's 21st birthday party, 4 Jan 1936. Image viewed at Google news archives.
- BC Directory.
- E-mails from Janna Lee to J Kolthammer, June 2008.
- The Vancouver Sun, Wedding of Frances Bonnycastle and William Eric Urquhart, 22 Feb 1939. Image viewed at Google news archives.
- The Vancouver Sun, Wedding of Hugh Charles Bonnycastle & Dorothy Victoria Webber, 14 May 1952. Image viewed at Google news archives.