Ernest William Arnott1
#1227, (1893 - 1979)
|Charts||5 Generations of Descendants of Sir Richard Henry Bonnycastle (1791-1847)|
|Birth||Ernest William Arnott was born on 11 Mar 1893 in North Bend, British Columbia.|
Details from registration: father William Arnott, a clerk, mother Annie Celeste Crick, registered by the father March 2nd 1894.1,2,3
|Marriage||He married Geraldine Bonnycastle Wallace, daughter of James Henry Wallace and Eleanor Elizabeth Bonnycastle, on 11 Aug 1920 in St. Paul's Church, Vancouver, British Columbia.|
Details from certificate: Ernest William Arnott, chief clerk B.C. Electric Co, bachelor, age 27, Church of England, residence 912 Broughton Street Vancouver, born North Bend BC, son of William Arnott & Annie Celeste Crick;
Geraldine Bonnycastle Wallace, stenographer, spinster, 25, Church of England, residence 843 Cardero St. Vancouver, born Calgary Alberta, daughter of Henry Wallace & Eleanor Elizabeth Bonnycastle both born Campbellford Ont;
They were married by banns and the witnesses were Jeffrey Arnott & Jane McKellar Runcie both of Vancouver.1
|1921 Census||Ernest W and Geraldine Arnott appeared on the 1921 Census of Vancouver, British Columbia, at 843 Cardero Street. They rented their 4 room apartment for $60. Ernest was 28, born in BC, parents born in England and earned $2000 as a Chief Clerk in the electric industry. Geraldine was 25, born in Alberta, parents born in Ontario. Their religion was Church of England.4|
|(Witness) Marriage||Ernest William Arnott witnessed the marriage of Gordon William Adams and his sister-in-law Gladys Eva Wallace on 8 Feb 1922 in St Paul's Church, Vancouver, British Columbia. His address was 843 Cardero Street in Vancouver.5|
|(Informant) Death||E.W. Arnott registered the September 1950 death of his mother-in-law Eleanor Elizabeth Wallace. His address was 1393 Rockland Ave., Victoria.6|
|(Mentioned) Obituary||He was mentioned in Geraldine Bonnycastle Wallace's 1976 obituary as husband Ernest W Arnott of 1120 Beach Drive.7|
|Death||Ernest William Arnott died on 22 Oct 1979 at #703-1120 Beach Dr, Victoria, British Columbia.|
Information from death certificate: widowed, his wife was Geraldine Bonnycastle Wallace, occupation Vice-president of B.C. Electric, Vancouver Island Division, born March 11 1893 in North Bend BC, age 86, son of William & Annie Arnott.
The Informant was J.A. McAllister, co-executor. Cremation.3
|Last Edited||5 May 2014|
- Marriage certificate of Ernest William Arnott and Geraldine Bonnycastle Wallace, married 11 August 1920 in the Province of British Columbia, Certificate #20-09-221845.
- Birth Registrations of British Columbia, 1854-1903. image viewed at Family Search Historic Records & Images Online, Ernest William Arnott, #93-09-260411.
- Death certificate of Ernest William Arnott, died 22 October 1979, registered 22 October 1979 in the Province of British Columbia, Certificate #79-09-015830.
- 1921 Census for Canada. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. British Columbia, Vancouver Centre, SD 28, Ward 1, Page 17.
- British Columbia Marriage Registration. Adams/Wallace, #22-09-245554.
- Death certificate of Eleanor Elizabeth Wallace, died 11 September 1950, registered 12 September 1950 in the Province of British Columbia, Certificate #50-09-008644.
- Obituary of Geraldine Arnott in Victoria Daily Colonist, 1 Dec 1976.