#695, (1910 - 2005)
|Father||John Bonnycastle1 (1874 - 1955)|
|Mother||Hattie Blanche Langille3 (1885 - 1973)|
|Relationship||3rd great-granddaughter of John Bonnycastle|
|Charts||5 Generations of Descendants of Sir Richard Henry Bonnycastle (1791-1847)|
|James Reid (1904 - 1971)|
|Birth||Marion Alice Bonnycastle was born on 4 Feb 1910 in Calgary, Alberta. Information from birth certificate:|
Marion Alice Bonnycastle, female, born 4th February 1910 at Calgary, Alberta; father John Bonnycastle, Salesman, born Campbellford, Ontario; mother Hattie Blanche Langille, born Martins River, Nova Scotia;
Birth registered 16th November 1972 [sic].4
|(with Parents) 1911 Census||Marion A Bonnycastle appeared on the 1911 Census of Calgary, Alberta with her parents. She was 1 year old and was born in February 1910 in Alberta.1|
|(with Parents) 1916 Census||Marian [sic] appeared on the 1916 Census of Calgary, Alberta with her parents. She was 6 years old and born in Alberta.5|
|(with Parents) 1921 Census||Marion appeared on the 1921 Census of Vancouver, British Columbia with her parents. She was 12 years old, born in Alberta, and a student.6|
|Marriage||She married James Reid, son of Frederick Rees and Annie Hulonce, on 13 May 1933 in Vancouver, British Columbia.|
Details from the registration: James Reid, clerk, bachelor, age 26, protestant, residence 1124 Robson Street, Vancouver, birthplace Wales, father Frederick Reid born Pembrock South Wales, mother Annie Huland born Somerset England;
Marion Alice Bonnycastle, spinster, 23, protestant, 7660 Heather Street Vancouver, birthplace Calgary, father John Bonnycastle born Indian Head Saskatchewan, mother Hattie Blanche Langille born Martins Point [sic] Nova Scotia;
They were married at 3997 10th W, Vancouver by A W McIntosh, United Church of Canada clergyman and the witnesses were Norma Simpson and David Paterson.7
|(Informant) Death||Mrs. James Reid registered the death of her father John Bonnycastle. Her address was 4185 Imperial Street in Burnaby.8|
|(Mentioned) Obituary||She was mentioned in John Bonnycastle's 1955 obituary as daughter Mrs Jas Reid, Burnaby.9|
|(Widowed) Death||Her husband James died on 2 Aug 1971.10|
|Note.||Marion's birth was registered in 1972. (As with many others, this was perhaps done to apply for Canadian Pension.)|
|(Informant) Death||Marion A Reid registered the 1973 death of her mother Hattie Blanche Bonnycastle. Marion's address was 4313 Imperial Street in Burnaby.3|
|Marriage||Marion Alice Bonnycastle married Herbert Denton on 26 Aug 1977 in Nanaimo, British Columbia.11|
|Note.||After Herbert died, she moved to live with her son Peter and his wife Valerie in 100 Mile House.11|
|Death||Marion Alice Denton died on 19 Mar 2005 in Williams Lake, British Columbia, at the age of 95.11|
|Last Edited||24 Aug 2019|
- 1911 Census for Canada. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Alberta, Calgary (1), Calgary City (subdist 26), page 12.
- British Columbia Archives Indexes to Marriage, 1872-1927 (online, www.bcarchives.gov.bc.ca), James Reid & Marion Alice Bonnycastle, 1933.
- Death certificate of Hattie Blanche Bonnycastle, died 18 June 1973, registered 18 June 1973 in the Province of British Columbia, Certificate #73-09-009015.
- Province of Alberta, Canada Birth Registration. Marion Alice Bonnycastle, born 1910, registered 1972, #411732.
- 1916 Census for Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Alberta, District Calgary East, Subdistrict 34, ED 8 in City of Calgary, Page 12.
- 1921 Census for Canada. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. British Columbia, Vancouver, Sub-District 50, Ward 7, Page 22.
- British Columbia Marriage Registration. James Reid & Marion Alice Bonnycastle, #33-09-409840.
- Death certificate of John Bonnycastle, died 28 August 1955, registered 28 August 1955 in the Province of British Columbia, Certificate #55-09-009139.
- Obituary of John Bonnycastle in Vancouver Sun, 29 Aug 1955.
- British Columbia Death Registration. James Reid, #71-09-011170.
- Letter and e-mails from Peter Reid, BC, to J Kolthammer.
- Letter and e-mails from Megan Reid, BC, to J Kolthammer.
- Research done by Shannon Reid.