#20216, (1835 - 1898)
|Father||Edwin Fernee1,2 (1806 - 1878)|
|Mother||Eliza Foden1,2 (c 1808 - 1873)|
|Relationship||Great-grandson of Samuel Fernee|
|Charts||Samuel Fernee & Mary Harris - collapsible 6 generation descendant chart|
Children of Henry Fernee and Elizabeth Flynn
|Birth||Henry Fernee was born on 23 Oct 1835 in Highgate, Middlesex.1,3|
|Baptism||He was baptized on 22 Nov 1835 in St Michael Highgate, Middlesex. He was the son of Edwin, a labourer, & Eliza Fernee of Highgate.2|
|(with Parents) 1841 Census||He appeared on the 1841 Census of Hornsey, Middlesex in the household of his parents. Henry was 5 and born in this county.4|
|1851 Census||He appeared on the 1851 Census of St Michael Bath, Somerset, at 20 Paragon Buildings. Henry was a page, age 16, and born in Highgate, Middlesex.3|
|(Witness) Marriage||Henry Fernee witnessed the marriage of his brother Edwin Fernee and Fanny Voillet on 18 Jul 1853 in St George Hanover Square, Middlesex.5|
|Marriage||Henry Fernee married Elizabeth Flynn in 1859 in Digby, Victoria, Australia.6|
|Directory||Henry Fernee was listed in the South Australia directory every year from 1882 to 1899 as " Henry Fernee, farmer, 'Springs', Mount Gambier."7|
|Death||He died on 2 Dec 1898 in The Springs, Mount Gambier, South Australia. The death index recorded that Henry was of 'The Springs', was age 63, but no relative's name was recorded.8,9|
|Gravestone||His gravestone in Mount Gambier Cemetery reads:|
the memory of
only son of
Henry and Elizabeth Fernee
whose death was caused by falling from a tree
died Dec 13th 1882. Aged 23 years
died 2nd Dec 1898 Aged 62 years.10
|Last Edited||17 Aug 2010|
- Transcript from family bible.
- Baptisms of St Michael Highgate, Middlesex. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Henry Fernee, 1835, #301.
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, HO107/1941 folio 318 page 49.
- 1841 Census for England & Wales, HO107/663/6 folio 38 [writing very poor].
- Marriages of St George Hanover Square, Middlesex. Registers from Westminster Archives. Image viewed at Findmypast.com, Edwin Fernee & Fanny Voillet, 1853, #87.
- Victorian Marriage Index, #2648, Henry Fernee & Elizabeth Flinn [sic].
- Sands & McDougall Directory of South Australia, various dates.
- South Australia Death registration index, 1842-1915, book 257, page 14.
- Transcript from family bible. which recorded his death as occurring in 1900.
- E-mails from Marie Bennetts, Australia, to J Kolthammer.
- Website Southwest Victorian Pioneers & History (http://www.ballaratgenealogy.org.au/digby/index.html).
- South Australia Birth Registration Certificates Index, 1842-1928. Text index viewed online at GenealogySA. Mary Eliza Ferne [sic], parents Henry Ferne [sic] and Elizabeth Flynn. Reference book 25, page 294.