#19259, (1863 - 1941)
|Charts||Descendants of John Inkster & Abigail Marion|
Abigail Inkster & William Hemstreet descendants
Child of Donald McIntyre and Carrie Blanche Hemstreet
|Birth||Donald McIntyre was born on 8 Dec 1863 in Kilmeny, Argyll, Scotland.|
He was the son of Donald McIntyre & Mary Bell.2,3
|Note.||Donald was the son of Donald McIntyre who came from the Isle of Islay in 1858 and settled on Lot 41 Sarawak Township, Grey County. Four of his brothers became captains on the Great Lakes but Donald Jr. married Blanche Hemstreet and later resided on the farm.4|
|Marriage||He married Carrie Blanche Hemstreet, daughter of William Hemstreet and Abigail Inkster, on 17 Jun 1903 in Sarawak, Grey County, Ontario.|
Information recorded on the marriage registration: Donald McIntyre, 38, residence Sarawak, birthplace Scotland, bachelor, farmer, Presbyterian, son of Donald McIntyre & Mary Bell;
Carrie Blanch Hemstreet, 27, residence Sarawak, born in Lambton, spinster, Presbyterian, parents Wm. Hemstreet & Abigal Inkster;
The witnesses were Malcolm McIntyre & [Carrie's sister] Abbie M. Hemstreet both of Sarawak and the wedding was registered 4 Aug 1903.1
|1911 Census||Donald and Blanche McIntyre appeared on the 1911 Census of Alberta, at Section 36 Township 24 Range 5 W4, enumerated 8 Jun 1911. Donald was age 45, born in Jan 1866 in Scotland, Presbyterian, and was a farmer. Blanche was age 37, born July 1877 in Ontario. They had one son, William P, age 6.5|
|Land Record||In Feb 1915, Donald McIntyre was issued Letters Patent for his homesteaded land, the SE part of Section 36 Township 24 Range 5 of the W4 Meridian, which was near Medicine Hat, Alberta.6|
|1916 Census||Donald and Blanche McIntyre appeared on the 1916 Census of Section 24 Township 5 Range 4, Alberta, enumerated 1 Jun 1916. Donald was 50, born in Scotland, immigrated in 1865, and was a farmer working on his own account. Blanche was 40 and born in Ontario. Their son William was 11 and the family was Presbyterian.7|
|1921 Census||Donald and Blanche C appeared on the 1921 Census of Alberta, at Section 36 Township 24 Range 5 W4. They owned their 3 room log house and the family was Presbyterian. Donald was 56, born in Scotland, immigrated in 1865, spoke Gaelic, and was a farmer working on his own account, earning $200. Blanche was 46, born in Ontario, parents born in Ontario, of Irish origin. They had one son, William P, age 16. Also with them was one lodger, a teacher.8|
|Death||Donald died on 19 Aug 1941.2,9|
|Last Edited||25 Jun 2014|
- Marriage Registrations of Ontario, 1857-1928. Image viewed at Ancestry.com. McIntyre/Hemstreet, #008826-03.
- Photograph of the Donald MacIntyre gravestone at Raven [Alberta] Cemetery, taken by Deb Parry, September 2010.
- Website International Genealogical Index, parish register extraction (www.familysearch.org).
- Women's Institutes of Grey County. Tweedsmuir Histories. Digitized pages viewed at http://greyroots.ca/exhibitions/virtual-exhibits/…
- 1911 Census for Canada. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Alberta, Medicine Hat (4), subdistrict 56, Tp 24&25 Rge 5 W 4, page 5.
- Index to Dominion Land Grants, Western Canada, 1870-1930, compiled by Library and Archives Canada, <http://www.collectionscanada.ca/archivianet/020111_e.html>.
- 1916 Census for Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Alberta, District 40, Subdistrict 26, Page 27.
- 1921 Census for Canada. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Alberta, Medicine Hat, SD 35, Page 5.
- E-mails from Sharon Hoskyn, BC, to J Kolthammer.
- Birth Registrations of Ontario, Canada. Image viewed at Ancestry.com. William Peter McIntyre, #016620-04.