#496, (c 1845 - 1892)
|Father||William Inkster1 (1798 - 1878)|
|Mother||Elizabeth O'Donnell1 (c 1810 - 1882)|
|Relationship||Daughter of William Inkster|
|Charts||Descendants of John Inkster & Abigail Marion|
Elizabeth Inkster & Duncan M McKenzie descendants
Children of Elizabeth Inkster and Duncan M McKenzie
|Birth||Elizabeth Inkster was born circa 1845 in Madoc, Hastings County, Ontario.|
Elizabeth's age was reported inconsistently throughout her life, pointing to a birthdate between 1843 and 1845. Her siblings on either side were Isabella (1842) and Mary Victoria (c1846).2
|(with Parents) 1861 Census||She appeared on the 1861 Census of Madoc Township, Hastings County, Ontario with her parents. Elizabeth was 19, and born in Upper Canada.3|
|(with Parents) 1871 Census||Elizabeth appeared on the 1871 Census of Madoc Township, Hastings County, Ontario with her parents. She was age 26 and born in Ontario.4|
|Marriage||She married Duncan M McKenzie, son of Murdoch McKenzie and Isabella (-?-), on 24 Sep 1878 in Underwood, Bruce County, Ontario.|
Information from the marriage certificate: Duncan McKenzie, 41, residence Bruce, born Scotland, bachelor, farmer, Presbyterian, son of Murdoch & Isabella McKenzie;
Elizabeth Inkster, 31, residence Bruce, born Ontario, spinster, Presbyterian, daughter of William Inkster & Elizabeth McDonald [sic];
The witnesses were Keith Webster of Derby & Isabella Inkster of Bruce.1
|1881 Census||Duncan and Elizabeth McKensy [sic] appeared on the 1881 Census of Bruce Township, Bruce County, Ontario. Duncan was 45, born in Scotland, a farmer, Presbyterian. Elizabeth was 33, born in Ontario, of Scotch origin, and Presbyterian. They had one child, Isabella, 9 months old and born in July.5|
|(Witness) Marriage||Elizabeth McKenzie of Marmora witnessed the marriage of James Harvey Fidlar and her sister Isabella Inkster on 26 Jan 1887 in Fenelon Falls, Victoria County, Ontario.6|
|1891 Census||Duncan and Elizabeth McKenzie appeared on the 1891 Census of Bruce Township, Bruce County, Ontario. The McKenzie family lived with Elizabeth's brother William Inkster and his family in a 2 story stone house with 10 rooms. Duncan was 56, born in Scotland, parents born in Scotland, religion Canada Presbyterian, and was a Farmer. Elizabeth was 48, born in Ontario, father born in Scotland, mother in Ireland, and religion Canada Presbyterian. They could all read and write.7|
|Death||Elizabeth died on 10 Jul 1892 in Tiverton, Bruce County, Ontario.|
Information from registration: age 47, married woman, born Madoc Ont, Presbyterian, died of Consumption, registered by Duncan McKenzie on 1 Aug 1892.2
|Last Edited||9 Jan 2012|
- Marriage Registrations of Ontario, 1857-1928. Image viewed at Ancestry.com. McKenzie/Inkster, #001543-78.
- Death Registrations of Ontario, 1869-1938. Image viewed at Ancestry.com. Elizabeth McKenzie, #001906-92.
- 1861 Census for Canada. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Canada West, Hastings County, Madoc Township (1), page 7.
- 1871 Census for Canada. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Ontario, North Hastings (62), Madoc (2-e), page 12.
- 1881 Census for Canada. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Ontario, Bruce North (177), Bruce Township (a-1), page 61.
- Marriage Registrations of Ontario, 1857-1928. Image viewed at Ancestry.com. Fidler/Inkster, #011911-87 [image blurry].
- 1891 Census for Canada. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Ontario, Bruce West (53), Bruce Township (a-2), page 4.
- Birth Registrations of Ontario, Canada. Image viewed at Ancestry.com. Isabella Georgina McKenzie, #002013-80.
- Birth Registrations of Ontario, Canada. Image viewed at Ancestry.com. Duncan Marnes McKenzie, #003112-83.
- Birth Registrations of Ontario, Canada. Image viewed at Ancestry.com. Magnus Herbert McKenzie, #003649-86.