Bertha Margaretha Kolthammer1
#1884, (1893 - 1983)
|Father||Friedrich Wilhelm Kolthammer1 (1856 - 1906)|
|Mother||Margarete Kathrina Kobold1 (1862 - 1935)|
|Relationship||Daughter of Friedrich Wilhelm Kolthammer|
|Charts||Dietrich Burchard Kolthammer - Eight generations of Descendants |
Friedrich Kolthammer & Margarete Kobold - children & grandchildren
|Percival Joseph Moody (c 1896 - )|
|Birth||Bertha Margaretha Kolthammer was born on 30 Dec 1893 in London.1,2|
|Baptism||She was baptized on 7 Oct 1894 in St. Georges Lutheran Church, Little Alie Street, St Mary Whitechapel parish, Middlesex.1|
|(with Parents) 1901 Census||Bertha appeared on the 1901 Census of St George The Martyr Civil Parish, Southwark, London living in three rooms with her parents and seven siblings. She was 7 years old and born in Southwark, London.3|
|(In) Photograph||She was photographed with her mother and sisters.|
|(with Mother) 1911 Census||She appeared on the 1911 Census of Newington, Southwark, London with her mother Margaret. Bertha was 17, worked as a Shorthand Typist for a stationery business, and was born in Southwark, London.4|
|Marriage||She married Percival Joseph Moody on 2 Oct 1920 in St Saviour with St Peter, Southwark, Surrey.|
Information from the parish register: Percival Joseph Moody, 24, bachelor, bricklayer, residence 29 Connaught Road Harlesden, father Alfred Moody, grocer;
Bertha Margaret Kolthammer, 26, spinster, secretary, 9 Newcomen Street S.E., father Frederick William Kolthammer (deceased), tailor;
They were married after banns and the witnesses were John Moody, Ada Colborn, and [Bertha's mother] Margareta Kolthammer.5
|Residence|| Circa 1935, the Moody family lived in Ramsgate, Kent. Son Bill Moody's recollection:|
Our family lived here, a seaside resort, and was blessed with a procession of cousins for a week or two at a time during school holidays. It was the custom for our grandmother to spend the entire summer with us and accompany us to the beach each day.6
|1939 Register||Bertha M and Percival J Moody appeared on the England and Wales 1939 Register in Ramsgate MB, Kent, at 113 Boundary Road. The register listed every civilian at the outbreak of war and was used in order to have current population statistics, issue identification cards, monitor population movements, and in 1940 to issue ration cards.|
Percival was born 8 Nov 1895 and was a Foreman Bricklayer. Bertha was born 30 Dec 1893.
Information about one person in the household was redacted. The redaction will be in effect for 100 years from the person's date of birth or until proof of death is verified.7
|Death||Bertha died in 1983.8|
|Last Edited||30 Aug 2016|
- Index to St. Georges German Lutheran Church, Little Alie Street, London, Baptisms, copied by a mailing list volunteer, 1998.
- FreeBMD. Bertha Margareta Kolthammer, Mar Q 1894, Lambeth RD.
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, RG 13/366 folio 127.
- Image of the 1911 Census for England and Wales (1911 Census.co.uk, http://www.1911census.co.uk/), RG78/510A, RG14/1797 RD 23, SD 4, ED 5, SN 358.
- Marriages of the parish of St Saviour with St Peter, Southwark, Surrey. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Percival Joseph Moody & Bertha Margaret Kolthammer, 1920, #374.
- Letter from Bill Moody, England, to J Kolthammer, dated June 1991.
- 1939 Register for England and Wales. Percival J Moody household. Ref: RG101/1764F/002/4 Letter Code: DIKG.
- Letters from Joan Haworth, Gorleston-on-Sea, Norfolk, to J Kolthammer, dated beginning in 1989.