Eda Christina Kolthammer1
#1896, (1896 - 1982)
|Father||Friedrich Wilhelm Kolthammer2 (1856 - 1906)|
|Mother||Margarete Kathrina Kobold2 (1862 - 1935)|
|Relationship||Daughter of Friedrich Wilhelm Kolthammer|
|Charts||Dietrich Burchard Kolthammer - Eight generations of Descendants |
Friedrich Kolthammer & Margarete Kobold - children & grandchildren
|Ernest Henry Long (c 1893 - )|
|Birth||Eda Christina Kolthammer was born on 28 Apr 1896 in 25 Queen's Buildings, London.3,2|
|Baptism||She was baptized on 13 Dec 1896 in St. Georges Lutheran Church, Little Alie Street, St Mary Whitechapel parish, Middlesex.2|
|(with Parents) 1901 Census||Eda appeared on the 1901 Census of St George The Martyr Civil Parish, Southwark, London living in three rooms with her parents and seven siblings. She was 5 years old and born in Southwark, London.4|
|(In) Photograph||Eda was photographed with her mother and sisters.|
|(with Mother) 1911 Census||She appeared on the 1911 Census of Newington, Southwark, London with her mother Margaret. Eda was 15 and born in Southwark, London. Her future husband Ernest was a boarder with the Kolthammer family.5|
|Marriage||She married Ernest Henry Long on 3 Aug 1912 in the Register Office, Southwark, London.|
Details from the marriage certificate: Ernest Henry Long, age 20, bachelor, Printer (Machine Minder), father William Long, Gardener (deceased);
Eda Christina Kolthammer, age 16, spinster, father Fritz William Kolthammer, Tailor (Journeyman) (deceased)
The witnesses were [Eda's sister] Margreta Hore and M Kolthammer [probably her mother].6
|Photograph||This photograph had written on the back, "Lily Long Kolthammer and daughter" and was printed in Margate. [Eda's married name was Long and Lily's married name was Stevens - so don't know which one is in this picture]|
|1939 Register||Ernest H and Eda C Long appeared on the England and Wales 1939 Register in Wandsworth, London, at 5 Credenhill Street. The register listed every civilian at the outbreak of war and was used in order to have current population statistics, issue identification cards, monitor population movements, and in 1940 to issue ration cards.|
They were the only two people in the household. Ernest was born 12 Dec 1992 and was a Commercial Printer Machine Minder as well as W.B.C. ARP Post Warden - No. 356. Eda was born 28 April 1896.7
|Death||Eda died on 18 Sep 1982.3|
|Last Edited||30 Aug 2016|
- FreeBMD. Eda Christina Kalthammer [sic], Jun Q 1896, St Saviour RD.
- Index to St. Georges German Lutheran Church, Little Alie Street, London, Baptisms, copied by a mailing list volunteer, 1998.
- Letters from Joan Haworth, Gorleston-on-Sea, Norfolk, to J Kolthammer, dated beginning in 1989.
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, RG 13/366 folio 127.
- Image of the 1911 Census for England and Wales (1911 Census.co.uk, http://www.1911census.co.uk/), RG78/510A, RG14/1797 RD 23, SD 4, ED 5, SN 358.
- Copy marriage certificate of Ernest Henry Long and Eda Christina Kolthammer, married 3 August 1912 in the Registration District of Southwark.
- 1939 Register for England and Wales. Ernest Long household. Ref: RG101/0585J/009/32 Letter Code: AXGT.
- Letters from Margaret J Long, Streatham, England, to J Kolthammer, dated early 1990s.
- Copy birth certificate of Betty Winifred Long, born 19 November 1915, registered 23 December 1915 in the Registration District of West Ham.