#16606, (s 1730 - c 1797)
|Charts||William Oliver (born ~1730) & Ann Wilson - collapsible 6 generation descendant chart|
Ancestors of Sarah Oliver (my line)
Ancestors of John Andrew Linton (John's line)
Ancestors of Robert McClive Linton (Lois' line)
Children of William Oliver and Ann Wilson
|Birth||William Oliver was born say 1730.|
The date is a guess, assuming a marriage age of about 25.
|Marriage||He married Ann Wilson on 7 May 1755 in Stockleigh English, Devon.|
The parish register noted that William was of Cheriton Fitzpaine. The witnesses were John Whitton and William Wilson. [Stockleigh English was a tiny parish that bordered Cheriton Fitzpaine on the west. Only two marriages were recorded there in 1755]2
|Note.||On 15 June 1764, there is a record of William Oliver, Butcher, of Cheriton Fitzpaine, taking on an apprentice named William Mogride.3|
|(Widowed) Burial.||His wife Ann was buried in 1766, the same day their infant son Richard was baptised.4|
|Will||William Oliver wrote a will dated 22 Dec 1796. |
William Oliver of Cheriton Fitzpaine, butcher.
To my son Richard Oliver £70.
To my 2 grandsons William Oliver and John Oliver £5 each when 21.
My 2 sons John and Richard all my estate of land and fee simple in town of Cheriton Fitzpaine called Pynes.
Residue to my 2 sons John and Richard, joint exrs.
Witnesses: William Maunder, Richd Hewish, Grace Tucker.5
|Death||William died circa 1797.5|
|Probate||His estate was proved on 26 Jan 1798 in Archdeaconry Court of Exeter by executors John and Richard Oliver.5|
|Last Edited||16 Dec 2014|
- Microfilm of the Parish Register of Cheriton Fitzpaine, Devon, 1610-1835 (Family History Library, 0916835) "from children's baptisms."
- Transcript of the Parish Register of Stockleigh English, Devon, 1606-1837 (Family History Library, film #0,917,532), William Oliver & Ann Wilson marriage, 1755.
- UK, Register of Duties Paid for Apprentices' Indentures, 1710-1811. Images viewed at Ancestry.com. Original data:
Board of Stamps: Apprenticeship Books, Series IR 1; The National Archives of the UK (TNA), Kew, Surrey, England.
- Microfilm of the Parish Register of Cheriton Fitzpaine, Devon, 1610-1835 (Family History Library, 0916835).
- Will and Administration of William Oliver of Cheriton Fitzpaine, 22 December 1796, proved in the Archdeaconry Court of Exeter, 26 January 1798. Information from Typescript of Devonshire wills, 1600-1800, which were taken from the abstract manuscripts made by Olive M Moger at the Exeter Probate Registry, prior to the destruction of the originals during the war. FHL film #0916875.