Heber Noah Simmonds1
#15044, (29 December 1899 - 1913)
|Father||Reuben Simmonds1 (circa 1875 - 1957)|
|Mother||Emily Wright1 (1878 - 1959)|
|Birth||Heber Noah Simmonds was born on 29 Dec 1899 in Clapham.1,2|
|Baptism||He was baptized on 24 Jan 1900 in Christ Church Clapham, Surrey. He was the son of Reuben, a fitter, and Emily Simmonds, of 200 Stewarts Road.2 |
|(with Parents) 1901 Census||Heber Noah appeared on the 1901 Census of Clapham, London with his parents. They were in the household of his maternal grandfather, Noah Wright. Heber Noah was 1 year old and born in Clapham.1 |
Heber Noah Simmonds
1899 - 1913
|1911 Census||Heber Simmonds, age 10, appeared on the 1911 Census of Margate, Kent, as a patient at Victoria Home, Seaview Terrace. [The Victoria Home for Invalid Children was established in 1892 for tuberculous children of the poor, providing accommodation for forty-six cases. Records of the hospital are available at The National Archives].4 |
|Death||Heber died in 1913.|
Family recollections are that Heber had bone cancer. He had several surgeries, removing his foot then more of his leg. Certainly causes reflection as I write this 100 years later.5,6
|Burial||He was buried on 21 Oct 1913 in Norwood Cemetery, Lambeth. The register noted that he was 13 years old and his abode was 139B Larkhall Lane in Clapham.5 |
- Image of the 1901 Census for England & Wales (1901 Census of England & Wales, http://www.census.pro.gov.uk/), RG13/462 folio 81.
- Baptisms of the parish of Christchurch Clapham, Surrey. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Heber Noah Simmonds, 1900, #480.
- E-mails from Caroline Roffey to J Kolthammer.
- 1911 Census for England & Wales, RD 63 SD 2 ED 5. Image viewed at Ancestry.
- London Metropolitan Archives, Norwood Cemetery, Norwood Road, Lambeth, Transcript of Burials, 1913 Jan-1914 Jan, DW/T Item, 0964; Call Number: DW/T/0964. Digitized ledgers viewed online at Ancestry.com. Heber Noah Simmonds, #47534.
- E-mails from Marney Tilley to J Kolthammer.