#3709, (28 March 1875 - 10 October 1940)
|Father||Noah Wright1 (1850 - 1901)|
|Mother||Emma Beadle1 (circa 1851 - )|
|Charts||Descendants of William Wright & his wife Jane|
Children of Noah Wright and Bertha Evelyn Bishop
|Baptism||Noah Wright was baptized on 28 Mar 1875 in St Mary Lambeth, Surrey. His parents were Noah, a potter, and Emily Wright of 45 Vauxhall Street.1|
|(with Parents) 1881 Census||He appeared on the 1881 Census of Clapham, London with his parents. He was 6 years old and born in Lambeth.2|
|(with Parents) 1891 Census||He appeared on the 1891 Census of Clapham, London with his parents. He was 16, employed as a Terra Cotta maker, and was born in Lambeth.3|
|Marriage||He married Bertha Evelyn Bishop on 5 Jun 1897 in Poplar, London.|
Information from the register: Noah Wright, age 22, bachelor, terra cotta worker, residence Christ Church Clapham, father Noah Wright, terra cotta worker;
Bertha Evelyn Bishop, 19, spinster, 14 Kerbay Street, father Thomas Arthur Bishop, steward;
They were married in the parish church after banns and the witnesses were John Purdue and Hilda Rose Bishop.4
|1901 Census||Noah and Bertha Wright appeared on the 1901 Census of Lambeth, London, at 26 Thorparch Rd. The family lived in 3 rooms. Noah was 27, a Terra cotta worker, and was born in Lambeth. Bertha was 23 and was born in Notting Hill London. They had one son, Noah, age 2.5|
|(Admon) Probate||Noah Wright, terra-cotta-worker, was granted administration of his father Noah Wright's estate on 29 May 1901 in London.6|
|1911 Census||Noah and Bertha Evelyn Wright appeared on the 1911 Census of Battersea, London, at 208 New Road. Noah was 36, born in Lambeth London, and was a newsagent & confectioner working on his own account at home. Bertha was 33, born in Notting Hill London, and assisted in the business. They had been married 13 years and Bertha had borne two children, both still living. With them in their four room residence were their sons Noah (12) and Charles (9), along with Noah's sister Ellen Wright (18, general servant.)7|
|Death||Noah died on 10 Oct 1940.8|
|Probate||His estate was proved on 10 May 1941. Entry from the probate calendar: |
WRIGHT Noah of 208 Thessaly-road Battersea London died 10 October 1940 at Kingston Bye-pass-road near Tolworth Surrey. Administration Llandudno 10 May to Norah Wright widow. Effects £968 3s 11d.9
|Newspaper|| Published 23 May 1941 in the London Gazette. |
NOAH WRIGHT, Senr., Mrs. BERTHA EVELYN WRIGHT, NOAH WRIGHT, Junr., and CHARLES WRIGHT, Deceased.
Pursuant to the Trustee Act, 1925.
All persons having claims against the estates of Noah Wright Senior, Bertha Evelyn Wright, Noah Wright Junior and Charles Wright all of 113, Battersea Park Road and 208, Thessaly Road Battersea in the county of London, Tobacconists and Confectioners who died on the 10th day of October one thousand nine hundred and forty and to whose estates letters of administration, have been taken out in the Principal Probate Registry by Norah Wright and Beryl Wright respectively are required to send in particulars thereof in writing to the undersigned on or before the 19th day of July next after which the said administratrices will proceed to distributed the assets having regard only to the claims of which they shall have them had notice. -- Dated this sixteenth day of May, 1941.
Taylor Willcocks and Co., 240, Lavender Hill, London SW 11. Solicitors for the said Norah Wright and Beryl Wright.8
|Probate||His estate was proved on 27 Oct 1941. Entry from the probate calendar: |
WRIGHT Noah of 208 New-road Battersea London died 10 October 1940 at Kingston Bye-pass-road near Tolworth Surrey. Administration (with Will) Llandudno 27 October to Norah Wright widow. Effects £1030 18s 2d.9
|Research Note||The estate was proved at Llandudno because that is where the London wills were moved during the war.|
|Last Edited||23 Aug 2013|
- Baptisms of St Mary Lambeth, Surrey. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Noah Wright, 1875, #664.
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, RG11/632 folio 132 (Wandsworth RD). Image viewed at Ancestry.
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/441 folio 49. Image viewed at Ancestry.
- Marriages of the parish of Poplar. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Noah Wright & Bertha Evelyn Bishop, 1897, #421.
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, RG13/418 folio 48. Image viewed at Ancestry.
- England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations),1858-1966. Images viewed at Ancestry.com. Noah Wright, 1901.
- 1911 Census for England & Wales, RD 26 SD 1 ED 22 Schedule 198. Image viewed at Ancestry.
- The London Gazette, online at www.gazettes-online.co.uk, Legal Notice re estate of Noah, Bertha Evelyn, Noah and Charles Wright, 23 May 1941, page 2982.
- England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations),1858-1966. Images viewed at Ancestry.com. Noah Wright, 1941.
- Baptisms of All Saints in the parish of Lambeth,. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Charles Wright, 1901, #170.