Katharine Frances Farmer1
#17345, (c 1849 - 1926)
|Charts||Peter Godart & Mary Dowson - collapsible 6 generation descendant chart|
Children of Katharine Frances Farmer and Thomas Peter Godart
|Birth||Katharine Frances Farmer was born circa 1849 in Clerkenwell, Middlesex.2|
|Marriage||She married Thomas Peter Godart, son of Thomas Godart and Laura Bear, on 7 Oct 1873 in St Mary's Finchley, Middlesex.|
Information from the register: Thomas Peter Godart, full age, bachelor, photographer, residence Lower Sydenham, father Thomas Godart, librarian;
Katharine Frances Farmer, full age, spinster, Finchley, father William Farmer, engineer;
They were married after banns and the witnesses were William Farmer and [Thomas' sister] Laura Godart.1
|1881 Census||Katharine Frances Farmer and Thomas Peter Godart appeared on the 1881 Census of Clapham, Surrey, at 5 Crescent Place. Thomas was 32, a Photographer, and was born in Stepney Middlesex. Katharine was 32 and born in Clerkenwell, Middlesex. Their children Katharine Laura and Gertrude Frances were living with them, along with a servant, a lodger, and four boarders.2|
|1891 Census||Katharine Frances Farmer and Thomas Peter Godart appeared on the 1891 Census of Chipping Barnet, Hertfordshire, at 41 Wood Street. Thomas was 43, an Artist & Engraver in Wood, Photographer, and employer. He was born in St Georges East, London. Katherine was 43 and born in Clerkenwell, London. Their children Katharine Laura, Gertrude Frances and Thomas Boiville were with them.3|
|1901 Census||Katharine Frances Farmer and Thomas Peter Godart appeared on the 1901 Census of Stoke Newington CP, London, at 40 Finsbury Park Road. Thomas was 52, worked as an Engraver - Process, and was born in Bow, London. Katharine F was 48 and born in Clerkenwell, London. Their children Katharine Laura and Thomas Boiville were living with them, as well as a general domestic servant.4|
|1911 Census||Katharine Frances appeared on the 1911 Census of Stoke Newington RD, London, at 40 Finsbury Park Road. Her husband was not home and the census return was signed by her son Thos. Katherine was 58, born in Clerkenwell, married 30 years, and the mother of 3 children, still living. She was a boarding house keeper. Also in the household were her children Thomas Boiville (24, Auctioneer's clerk), Katharine Louisa (28, Calisthenics teacher), 3 boarders, a visitor, and one housemaid. The dwelling had 10 rooms.5|
|(Witness) Marriage||Katharine Frances Farmer witnessed the marriage of Arthur James Duncan to her daughter Katharine Laura Godart on 10 Aug 1912 in St John the Evangelist, Hornsey, London.6|
|Death||Katharine died on 22 Nov 1926.7,8|
|Probate||Her estate was proved on 12 Jan 1927 in London. Entry from the probate calendar: |
|Newspaper|| Published 14 May 1929. |
All persons having claims against the estate of Katharine Frances Godart (the Wife of Thomas Peter Godart), late of 40, Finsbury Park-road, Stoke Newington, in the county of London (who died on the 22nd November, 1926, and whose will was proved in the Principal Probate Registry on 12th day of January, 1927, by the said Thomas Peter Godart, the sole executor), are hereby required to send particulars thereof, to us, on before the 17th day of July next, after which date the executors of the said Thomas Peter Godart (now deceased) will distribute the estate, having regard only to claims of which they shall then have had notice. Dated 13th day of May, 1929. [...] solicitors for Mary Castor Godart and [...] executors.10
|Last Edited||20 May 2013|
- Marriages of St Mary Finchley, Middlesex. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Thomas Peter Godart & Katharine Frances Farmer, 1873, #282.
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, RG11/637 folio 41.
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/1053 folio 78.
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, RG13/209 folio 80.
- 1911 Census for England & Wales, RD 11 SD 1 ED 27 Schedule 222.
- Marriages of St John the Evangelist, Hornsey, London. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Arthur James Duncan & Katharine Laura Godart, 1912, #153.
- The London Gazette, online at www.gazettes-online.co.uk, Legal Notice re estates of Katharine Frances Godart & Thomas Peter Godart, Issue 33495, 14 May 1929, page 59.
- GRO Indexes to Deaths, images viewed at Ancestry. Katherine F Godart, age 79, Dec Q 1926, Hackney RD.
- England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations),1858-1966. Images viewed at Ancestry.com. Katharine Frances Godart, 1927.
- The London Gazette, online at www.gazettes-online.co.uk, Issue 33495, 14 May 1929.
- Website International Genealogical Index, parish register extraction (www.familysearch.org).