#17448, (c 1757 - 1842)
|Charts||Peter Godart & Mary Dowson - Children & Grandchildren|
Peter Godart & Mary Dowson - collapsible 6 generation descendant chart
Ancestors of Sarah Mary Fernee (my line)
Children of Mary Dowson and Peter Godart
|Birth||Mary Dowson was born circa 1757.2|
|Marriage||She married Peter Godart in 1785 in Christchurch Newgate, London.|
They were a bachelor and a spinster.1
|1841 Census||Mary Godhart [sic] appeared on the 1841 Census of St Pancras, Middlesex, at Hampden Street. There were four households in one building: a large family, a small family, two men, and Mary alone. She was 84 years old and was born in the county of Middlesex. [Note: it is possible that this census record is for a different person but the age and location fit well for Mary Dowson Godart].3|
|Death||Mary died on 7 Nov 1842 in 90 East Smithfield, Wapping, Middlesex.|
Details from death certificate: aged 85, widow of Peter Godart, carver and gilder, cause of death was decay of nature [the address is that of her son Peter].2
|Last Edited||16 Dec 2014|
- Ancestry.com databases, Pallots Marriage Index.
- England Death Register. Mary Godart, 1842.
- 1841 Census for England & Wales, HO107/685 Book 15 Folio 31.
- Family bible entry.
- Comment: birth record needs to be consulted.
- LDS Church, compiler, "British Isles Vital Records Index", 2nd edition (1998), on CD.
- Microfilm of the Baptism Register of St James Westminster, 1786-1816 (Family History Library, 1042309).
- Microfilm of the Parish Register of St Anne's Soho Westminster, 1686-1931 (Family History Library, 0918597 &c).