#17851, (1781 - 1850)
|Father||Samuel Fernee1 (c 1748 - 1802)|
|Mother||Mary Harris1 (1750/51 - 1838)|
|Relationship||Son of Samuel Fernee|
|Charts||Samuel Fernee & Mary Harris - Children & Grandchildren|
Samuel Fernee & Mary Harris - collapsible 6 generation descendant chart
Children of Thomas Fernee and Maria Dunning
Child of Thomas Fernee and Esther Morgan
|Occupation||Thomas Fernee was a victualler, Fore Street (1814)|
wine merchant, Fore Street (1818.)2
|Birth||He was born on 5 Sep 1781 in Highgate, Middlesex.1|
|Baptism||He was baptized on 23 Sep 1781 in Highgate Chapel, Hornsey, Middlesex.3|
|Marriage||He married Maria Dunning on 22 Dec 1808 in St Pancras, Middlesex.|
Details from the register: bachelor and spinster, both of this parish, married by banns, witnesses were Jno Dunning and Thomas' sister Mary Fernee.4
|(Widowed) Death||His wife Maria died on 5 Mar 1815.5|
|Marriage||Thomas Fernee married Esther Morgan on 25 Oct 1817.5|
|Newspaper||Published 5 Jan 1833 in the County Press. Thomas Fernee was one of eleven people reported as victims of crime in the Hertford Quarter Sessions.6|
|Will||Thomas Fernee wrote a will dated 26 Dec 1839 in Harpenden, Hertfordshire. Abstracted information: |
Thomas Fernee of Harpenden, county of Hertford, Farmer.
To children Thomas, John, and Emma £100 each.
Remainder of personal property (furniture, plate, linen, money, stock, crops) to wife Esther, as well as rents and profits of all freehold and copyhold property. After wife's death, property to be sold and proceeds shared by children.
Wife and sons named as executors.7
|1841 Census||He and Esther Morgan appeared on the 1841 Census of Harpenden, Hertfordshire, at Moreton End Farm, enumerated 6 Jun 1841. Thomas was 55, a Farmer, and not born in the county. Esther was 45 and not born in the county. They had two male and one female servants. Note that the 1841 census records ages rounded down to the nearest 5 years, does not record relationships, and only indicates whether or not the person was born in the county.8|
|Death||Thomas died on 20 Sep 1850 in Harpenden.9|
|Burial.||He was buried on 27 Sep 1850 in St Nicholas (Anglican), Harpenden, Hertfordshire. Age 69.10,11|
|Probate||His estate was proved on 22 Apr 1851 in Prerogative Court of Canterbury, London. Proved by oaths of Esther Fernee Widow the Relict and John Fernee the son. Power reserved to son Thomas Fernee.7|
|Probate||His estate was proved on 15 Jul 1868. Entry from the calendar:|
The Will of Thomas Fernee late of Harpenden in the County of Hertford Farmer deceased who died 20 September 1850 at Harpenden aforesaid was proved at the Principal Registry by the oath of Thomas Fernee of 5 St. John's-villas Upper Holloway in the County of Middlesex Gentleman the Son the other Executor. Former Grant Prerogative Court of Canterbury April 1851. Effects under £800.9
|Research Note||This was after the death of Thomas' wife Esther.|
|Research Note||A document is held by the Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies described as: Copy statutory declaration of Richard Grove Lowe of St Albans concerning transfer of unspecified land by the executors of Thomas Fernee to Mr Reading Original number 111 D/EOt/T226 Jan 1871.12|
|Last Edited||23 May 2013|
- Baptisms of St Michael Highgate, Hornsey, Middlesex. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Thomas Fernee, 1781.
- Baptisms of St Giles Cripplegate, London. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Henrietta Fernee, 1818, #3483.
- Microfilm of the parish register of Highgate Chapel (London Metropolitan Archives), read by Michael Fernee.
- Thomas Fernee/Maria Dunning marriage, St Pancras church, LMA.
- Correspondence with Michael Fernee.
- Hertfordshire County Council Names Online. Indexes to newspapers 1758-2013. County Press, 5 Jan 1833, page 3.
- Will and Administration of Thomas Fernee of London, 26 December 1839, proved in the Prerogative Court of Canterbury, 22 April 1851 (The National Archives, PROB 11/2130), image from John Greenwood.
- 1841 Census for England & Wales, HO107/441/4 folio 50.
- England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations),1858-1966. Images viewed at Ancestry.com. Thomas Fernee, 1868.
- FreeBMD. Sep Q 1850, St Albans RD.
- Federation of Family History Societies, National burial index for England & Wales, 2nd ed., CD-ROM (Bury, England: Federation of Family History Societies, 2004).
- Website Access to Archives (www.a2a.org.uk).
- Baptisms of St Michael Highgate, Hornsey, Middlesex. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Thomas Fernee, 1809.
- Website International Genealogical Index, parish register extraction (www.familysearch.org), indexed as Fernce.
- Burials of St Giles Cripplegate, London. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. William Fernee, 1814, #420.
- Baptisms of St Giles Cripplegate, London. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Emma Furnee, 1814, #1603.