Horace George Fernee1
#20263, (1896 - 1963)
|Father||Horace Edwin Fernee2 (1856 - 1922)|
|Mother||Lillian Sidders1 (c 1876 - 1960)|
|Relationship||2nd great-grandson of Samuel Fernee|
|Charts||Samuel Fernee & Mary Harris - collapsible 6 generation descendant chart|
|Birth||Horace George Fernee was born on 14 Jan 1896 in 315 Northampton Buildings, Clerkenwell, London.|
Details from certificate: Horace George Fernee, father not named, mother Lilian Sidders, no occupation, residence 315 Northampton Buildings, registered by mother 22 Feb 1896.1
|Baptism||He was baptized on 10 Feb 1901 in Holy Redeemer Clerkenwell, London. He was the son of Horace Edwin, an engraver, and Lilian Fernee of 81 Margaret Street. His birthday was noted to be 14 January 1896.3|
|(with Parents) 1901 Census||He appeared on the 1901 Census of Clerkenwell, London with his parents. Horace was 5 and born in Clerkenwell, London.2|
|Immigration||He immigrated with his mother Lillian to New Zealand in 1908.4|
|Military||Horace George Fernee served in the army in World War I. Digitised copies of his record are available online at New Zealand Archives. Next of kin noted at his death in 1963 was Mrs A.M. Fernee, 209 Ngarotu Road, New Plymouth.5|
|Marriage||He married Mae Hastings Kelly in 1922 in New Zealand.7|
|Marriage||Horace George Fernee married Alice Mildred Ross.6|
|Death||Horace died on 20 Feb 1963 in New Zealand.8,9|
|Burial||He was buried on 20 Feb 1963 in Te Henui Cemetery.9|
|Last Edited||19 Nov 2012|
- Copy birth certificate of Horace George Fernee, born 14 January 1896, registered 22 February 1896 in the Registration District of Holborn.
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, RG13/253 folio 87 page 4.
- Baptisms of Holy Redeemer Clerkenwell, London. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Horace George Fernee, 1901, #2092.
- Correspondence with Michael Fernee.
- Website New Zealand Archives (http://archway.archives.govt.nz/), Military Personnel Files index.
- E-mails from Gareth Winter to J Kolthammer.
- New Zealand Government Indexes to Marriages, at least 80 years ago, https://www.bdmhistoricalrecords.dia.govt.nz/Home/, Horace George Fernee & Mae Hastings, 1922/2862.
- New Zealand Government Indexes to Deaths, at least 50 years ago or greater than age 80, https://www.bdmhistoricalrecords.dia.govt.nz/Home/, Horace George Fernee, age 67.
- Burial Index for New Plymouth District Council, New Zealand, online http://www.newplymouthnz.com/AtoZOfCouncilServices/…, Horace George Fernee, Te Henui Cemetery, Block D Plot 228, 1963.