Francis Herbert Sandford1
#11752, (1876 - 1965)
|Father||Francis Sandford1 (1847 - 1926)|
|Mother||Mary Victoria Inkster1 (1848 - 1904)|
|Relationship||Grandson of William Inkster|
|Charts||Descendants of John Inkster & Abigail Marion|
Mary Victoria Inkster & Francis Sanford descendants
Children of Francis Herbert Sandford and Maud Luella Sargent
|Birth||Francis Herbert Sandford was born on 5 May 1876 in Fenelon Falls, Victoria County, Ontario.|
Information from register: parents Francis Sandford & Mary Victoria Inkster, informant father Frank Sandford, Carriage maker of Fenelon Falls, registered 26 Oct 1876.1
|(with Parents) 1881 Census||Francis H Sandford appeared on the 1881 Census of Fenelon Falls, Victoria County, Ontario with his parents. He was 4 years old and was born in Ontario.2|
|(with Parents) 1891 Census||Francis H Sandford appeared on the 1891 Census of Fenelon Falls Village, Victoria County, Ontario with his parents. He was 14 years old and born in Ontario.3|
|Marriage||He married Maud Luella Sargent on 14 Jun 1899 in Frankford, Hastings County, Ontario.|
Information from marriage registration: Francis Herbert Sandford: 23, birthplace Fenelon Falls, residence Fenelon Falls, bachelor, clerk, Presbyterian, son of Francis Sandford & Victoria Inkster;
Maud Luella Sargent: 19, born in Sidney Township, residence Sidney Township, spinster, Methodist, daughter of Charles Sargent & Maria Hackett;
They were married by Rev J W Wilkinson and the witnesses were Willie Sandford of Fenelon Falls and Ada Orr? of Sidney Township.4
|1901 Census||Herbert and Maud L Sandford appeared on the 1901 Census of Fenelon Falls, Victoria County, Ontario. Herbert was 24 years old, born May 5, 1876 in Ontario, an English Presbyterian bookeeper employed 12 months for $430. Maud was 21, born February 8, 1880 in Ontario, of English origin, and Presbyterian.5|
|1906 Census||Francis H and Maud Sandford appeared on the 1906 Census of Saskatchewan, enumerated 28 Jul 1906. Francis was age 30 and born in Ontario. Maud was 26 and born in Ontario. There was no one else in the household. They lived at Section 20, Township 45, Range 16, W2 and their post office address was Star City.6|
|1916 Census||F H and Maud L Sandford appeared on the 1916 Census of Winnipeg, Manitoba, at 753 Sherburn Street, enumerated 1 Jun 1916. FH was 40, born in Ontario, and was a bookkeeper for a grain exchange. Maud was 29. They were both Presbyterian, born in Ontario and of Scotch origin.7|
|1921 Census||Francis H and Maud Sandford appeared on the 1921 Census of Neepawa, Manitoba. They rented their 6 room wood house for $25. Francis was 45, born in Ontario, parents born in Ontario, and was an Agent for insurance, earning $2000 [hard to read, may be incorrect]. Maud was 40, born in Ontario, parents born in Ontario. They had two children, Helen (4) and Donald (3), both born in Manitoba.8|
|Passenger List||Francis Herbert Sandford was listed on a border crossing card 24 Oct 1923 in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Border entry information: Francis H Sandford, age 46 yrs 10 months, Ins agent, Canadian, Irish race, permanent residence Neepawa Manitoba, nearest relative was wife Maud in Neepawa, final destination Winter Haven, Fla, had $110 in hand, had never been to the U.S., joining father Francis in Winter Haven, Florida, 5' 10 1/2", medium complexion, black hair, brown eyes, has a left glass eye, and was born in Fenelon Falls, Ont.9|
|1930 Census||Francis and Maud appeared on the 1930 Federal Census of Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan, at 14233 Westbrook. They owned their home worth $4800 and had a radio. Francis was 53, married at 24, born in Canada, immigrated in 1923, filed immigration papers, and was a painter for candy company. Maud was 50, married at 19, born in Canada. She and the children immigrated in 1924. They had two children, Hellen (13) and Donald (12) both born in Canada.10|
|1940 Census||Francis and Maud L Sandford appeared on the 1940 Federal Census of Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan, at 760 18th Street. There were five households at this address. Their rent was $20/month. Francis was 63, had a high school education and was born in Michigan. He was unable to work and had income from other sources. Maud was 59, had a high school education and was born in Michigan. With them was their son Donald H (22, one year of college).11|
|1945 Census||Siblings C Mable and F Herbert Sandford appeared on the 1945 State Census of Winter Haven, Polk County, Florida. Mabel was 68, born in Ontario, had a high school education and was a housewife. Herbert was 70, born in Ontario, had a business college education, and his occupation was painting. With them was their sister Frances M Bentley.12|
|Death||Francis died in Apr 1965 in Polk County, Florida.13|
|Last Edited||2 Jun 2015|
- Birth Registrations of Ontario, Canada. Image viewed at Ancestry.com. Francis Herbert Sandford, #030803-76.
- 1881 Census for Canada. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Ontario, Victoria North (130), Fenelon Falls Village (c), page 42.
- 1891 Census for Canada. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Ontario, Victoria North, Fenelon Falls, page 34.
- Marriage Registrations of Ontario, 1857-1928. Image viewed at Ancestry.com. Sandford/Sargent, #007516-99.
- 1901 Census for Canada. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Ontario, Victoria (119), Fenelon Falls (h-2), page 4.
- 1906 Census for Northwest Provinces. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Saskatchewan, Humboldt (13), Townships 43, 44, 45 and 46 inclusive in ranges 13, 14, 15 and 16 inclusive, west of the 2nd M (25), page 14.
- 1916 Census for Manitoba, Saskatchewan, and Alberta. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Manitoba, Winnipeg Centre (13), ED 27, Page 46.
- 1921 Census for Canada. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Manitoba, Neepawa, SD 35, Page 8.
- Border Crossings: from Canada to U.S., 1895-1956, images (www.ancestry.com).
- 1930 Federal Census for United States, Michigan, Wayne County, Detroit, ED 82-866, Page 32B. Image viewed at Ancestry.com.
- 1940 Federal Census for United States, Michigan, Wayne County, Detroit, ED 84-500, Page 9B. Image viewed at Ancestry.com.
- Online image of the 1945 Census for Florida (Family Search Labs, search.labs.familysearch.org) "Polk County, Winter Haven, Precinct 12, whites."
- State of Florida Indexes to Florida Deaths, 1877 - 1998, Francis Herbert Sandford, Apr 1965, Polk County. Viewed online at Ancestry.com.