Eileen Edith Ashbee1
#19011, (1899 - 1976)
|Charts||Angus McKinnon & Mary McFadyen - 5 generations of descendants|
Hector McLean & Mary McGillivray - 5 generations of descendants
Child of Eileen Edith Ashbee and Howard James (Curtis) Malcolm
|Note.||Eileen was a student of numerology and since she was born in November, changed her name to 'Novella.2'|
|Birth||Eileen Edith Ashbee was born on 28 Nov 1899 in Cape Town, Cape Colony (now South Africa).3|
|Baptism||She was baptized on 3 Dec 1899 in St Michael's Catholic Church, Rondebosch, Cape Colony, by the Rev James Kelly.2|
|Note.||Although details from her marriage and death certificates differ, Eileen is known to be the daughter of Henry Edward Manning Ashbee who was born in 1875 in Kells, County Meath, Ireland. Her mother Isobel Campbell was born 25 Jan 1880 in Cape Town, Africa.2|
|Marriage||She married Howard James (Curtis) Malcolm, son of John Malcolm and Christina Malcolm, on 31 Jan 1931 in Central Presbyterian Church, Vancouver, British Columbia.|
Information from marriage certificate: Howard James Malcolm, Broker, bachelor, age 30, Presbyterian, residence 2049 McDonald Street Vancouver, born in Rosebank Sask, father John Malcolm who was born in Manitoba, mother Christina McLean born Canada, could read and write;
Eileen Edith Ashbee, stenographer, spinster, age 30, Presbyterian, residence 1325 W 12th Vanc, born Capetown S Africa, father Henry Edward Ashbee who was born in Dublin Ireland, mother Isobel Campbell who was born in Capetown S Africa, could read and write.
Witnesses were [her brother] Harold Ashbee of 2011 West 2nd Ave, and [his mother] Christina Malcolm of 2049 McDonald St Vancouver.1,4
|(Mentioned) Obituary||She was mentioned in Howard James (Curtis) Malcolm's 1956 obituary but not by name.5|
|Death||Eileen died on 10 Aug 1976 in North Vancouver, British Columbia.|
Information from certificate: Eileen Edith Malcolm, of 1606 Lynn Valley Road, North Vancouver, widowed, born November 28, 1899 in Capetown, South Africa, and age 76 at death. Her husband was Howard Malcolm, father Harold Ashbee born Ireland, mother Isabel Campbell born England. Cremation. The informant was her son Dallas Harvie James Malcolm of 712 Huntington Crescent, N. Vanc.3
|Last Edited||15 Sep 2013|
- Death certificate of Howard James Malcolm, died 25 September 1956, registered 28 September 1956 in the Province of British Columbia, Certificate #56-09-010633.
- E-mails from Gord Stronge, Vancouver, to J Kolthammer.
- Death certificate of Eileen Edith Malcolm, died 10 August 1976, registered 18 August 1976 in the Province of British Columbia, Certificate #76-09-012209.
- Marriage certificate of Howard James Malcolm and Eileen Edith Ashbee, married 31 January 1931 in the Province of British Columbia, Certificate #31-09-389528.
- Obituary of Howard James (Curtis) Malcolm in Vancouver Sun, 1956.