Herbert Henry Smart1
#2279, (1885 - 16 July 1937)
|Father||William James Smart1 (1858 - 1922)|
|Mother||Sarah Mary Fernee1 (1861 - 1950)|
|Charts||Descendants of Henry Smart|
Child of Herbert Henry Smart and Rose Annie Ingham
|Birth||Herbert Henry Smart was born in 1885 in London.1|
|(with Parents) 1891 Census||Herbert H Smart appeared on the 1891 Census of Hornsey, Middlesex with his parents. He was 5 and born in St Pancras.2|
|(with Parents) 1901 Census||Herbert H Smart appeared on the 1901 Census of Hornsey, Middlesex with his parents. He was 15, and born in Camden Town, London.3|
|Marriage||He married Rose Annie Ingham on 7 Jun 1909 in St Paul Harringay, Middlesex.|
Details from the parish register: Herbert Henry Smart, 23, bachelor, cashier, residence 19 Pemberton Road, father William James Smart, solicitor's managing clerk;
Rose Annie Ingham, 22, spinster, 505 Green Lane, Hornsey, father Robert Ingham, grocer
They were married after banns and the witnesses were Robert Ingham and Arthur --zby Moore.4
|1911 Census||Herbert Henry and Rose Annie Smart appeared on the 1911 Census of Harringay, Middlesex, at 75 Cavendish Road. Herbert Henry was 25, birthplace St Pancras, and was a cashier for a wholesale furniture dealer. Rose was 24 and born in Kennington. They had been married one year, had one child (William Henry), and their residence had four rooms.5|
|(Mentioned) Will||Herbert Henry Smart was mentioned in the will of William James Smart dated 16 Aug 1921. If his mother predeceased his father, son Herbert Henry was to be executor and he was to inherit £50.6|
|Death||Herbert Henry Smart died on 16 Jul 1937.7|
|Probate||His estate was proved on 12 Aug 1937. Entry from the calendar:|
Smart Herbert Henry of 19 Arnold-gardens Oakthorpe-road Palmers Green Middlesex died 16 July 1937 at 8 Ethelbert-road Margate Probate London 12 August to Rose Annie Smart widow. Effects £1490 3s. 11d.7
|Last Edited||23 Aug 2013|
- Letters from Ann Collett, England, to J Kolthammer, dated various dates, Nov 1989.
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/1059 folio 46. Image viewed at Ancestry.
- Image of the 1901 Census for England & Wales (1901 Census of England & Wales, http://www.census.pro.gov.uk/), RG 13 / 1237 folio 70 page 14.
- Marriages of the parish of St Paul Harringay. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Herbert Henry Smart & Rose Annie Ingham, 1909, #480.
- 1911 Census for England & Wales, RD 132 SD 3 ED 2 Schedule 31. Image viewed at Ancestry.
- Will and Administration of William James Smart of Southgate, 16 August 1921, proved in the Principal Probate Registry, 22 July 1922 (Family History Library, Film #0,251,438).
- England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations),1858-1966. Images viewed at Ancestry.com. Herbert Henry Smart, 1937.