#2282, (28 May 1890 - 23 December 1965)
Child of Winifred Smart and Ralph William Gellan
|Birth||Winifred Smart was born on 28 May 1890 in London.1|
|(with Parents) 1891 Census||Winifred appeared on the 1891 Census of Hornsey, Middlesex with her parents. She was noted to be under 11 months and born in St Pancras.2 |
|(with Parents) 1901 Census||Winifred appeared on the 1901 Census of Hornsey, Middlesex with her parents. She was 10, and born in Camden Town, London.3 |
|(with Parents) 1911 Census||She appeared on the 1911 Census of Harringay, London with her parents. She was 20, was born in St Pancras, and worked as a Dressmaker.4|
segment of the 1911 census showing the family and WJ Smart's signature
|Residence-Moved|| In 1912, Winifred Smart moved to 90 Ullswater Road, Southgate, London.5 |
|Marriage||She married Ralph William Gellan on 18 Jun 1921 in London.|
She had a double wedding with her sister Dorothy.1
|(Mentioned) Will||She was mentioned in the will of William James Smart dated 16 Aug 1921. Daughter Winifred was to receive £100 and one fifth of the residue of the estate.6 |
|(Enumerated) Voters' List||Mrs R W Gellan appeared on the Canadian voter's list in 1945 in Vancouver. She and her daughter stayed with Winifred's niece Mabel and her husband Herb Inkster during the war.7 |
|Death||Winifred died on 23 Dec 1965 in Cambridge.1|
|Probate||Her estate was proved on 4 Feb 1966 in Peterborough. Entry from the probate calendar: |
GELLAN Winifred of The Plashes Boxworth Cambridgeshire died 23 December 1965. Probate Peterborough 4 February to Ann Collett married woman. £3736.8
- Letters from Ann Collett, England, to J Kolthammer, dated various dates, Nov 1989.
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/1059 folio 46. Image viewed at Ancestry.
- Image of the 1901 Census for England & Wales (1901 Census of England & Wales, http://www.census.pro.gov.uk/), RG 13 / 1237 folio 70 page 14.
- Image of the 1911 Census for England and Wales (1911 Census.co.uk, http://www.1911census.co.uk/), RG14 RD132 SD1 ED3 SN17.
- Letters from Ann Collett, England, to J Kolthammer, dated various dates, 5 Nov 1996.
- Will and Administration of William James Smart of Southgate, 16 August 1921, proved in the Principal Probate Registry, 22 July 1922 (Family History Library, Film #0,251,438).
- Voters Lists, Federal Elections, 1935–1980. R1003-6-3-E (RG113-B). Library and Archives Canada, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Images viewed at Ancestry.com.
- England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations),1858-1966. Images viewed at Ancestry.com. Winifred Gellan, 1966.