#2788, (1866 - 7 December 1943)
|Charts||Descendants of Henry Smart|
Children of James Bilham Bilham and Lilly Smart
|Birth||James Bilham Bilham was born in 1866 in Paddington, London.3,4|
|1891 Census||James B Bilham appeared on the 1891 Census of Willesden, Middlesex, at 65 St Margaret's Road, enumerated 5 Apr 1891. He was 25, a boarder, single, worked as a Grocer's Assistant, and was born in Paddington, London.5|
|Marriage||He married Lilly Smart, daughter of William Smart and Eliza Cordell, on 19 Apr 1891 in St Pancras Old Church, London.|
Information from the certificate: James Bilham Bilham [sic], age 25, grocer, residence 55 St Margaret's Road, father James Bilham, surgeon;
Lilly Smart, 28, spinster, 63 Barclay Street, father William Smart, clerk;
They were married after banns and the witnesses were William Smart and Louise Smart.6
|1901 Census||James B and Lilly Bilham appeared on the 1901 Census of Kensington, London, at 246 Fulham Rd, enumerated 31 Mar 1901. James was 34, a shopkeeper, employer, and dairyman working at home, born in Paddington, London. Lilly was 38 and born in St Pancras. Their children were Daisy (9) and Sydney J (7). They also had one domestic servant and two boarders.3|
|1911 Census||James Bilham and Lilly Bilham appeared on the 1911 Census of Bracknell, Berkshire, at High Street. Their dwelling had seven rooms. James was 44, a dairyman and employer, and was born in Paddington London. Lilly was 42, born in St Pancras, and was the mother of 2 children, both still living. They had been married 19 years. At home was Sydney James (17, merchants clerk). Daughter Daisy's name was entered then crossed off so she was likely living elsewhere.2|
|Death||James died on 7 Dec 1943.7|
|Probate||His estate was proved on 3 Apr 1944 in Llandudno. Entry from the probate calendar: |
BILHAM James Bilham of 30 Thorngate-road Paddington Middlesex died 7 December 1943. Probate Llandudno 3 April to Daisy Bilham spinster. Effects £689 8s 5d
[The reason it was granted in Llandudno is that the London will office was evacuated to there during the war].7
|Last Edited||23 Aug 2013|
- Letters from Ann Collett, England, to J Kolthammer, dated various dates, 5 Nov 1996.
- Image of the 1911 Census for England and Wales (1911 Census.co.uk, http://www.1911census.co.uk/), RG14/06671.
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, RG13/37 folio 56. Image viewed at Ancestry.
- FreeBMD. James B Bilham, Dec Q 1866, Kensington RD.
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/1048 folio 66. Image viewed at Ancestry.
- Marriages of the parish of St Pancras, Middlesex. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. James Bilham Bilham & Lilly Smart, 1891, #12.
- England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations),1858-1966. Images viewed at Ancestry.com. James Bilham Bilham, 1943.