#1353, (20 July 1862 - 1941)
|Father||William Smart2,1 (1833 - 1904)|
|Mother||Eliza Cordell2,1 (1832 - 1891)|
|Charts||Descendants of Henry Smart|
Children of Lilly Smart and James Bilham Bilham
|Baptism||She was baptized on 20 Jul 1862 in St Mary & St Hugh Church, Harlow, Essex. Lilley [sic] was the daughter of William, a Commercial Cler, & Elisa Smart of Aldenham St, St Pancras Middlesex.3|
|(with Parents) 1871 Census||Lilly appeared on the 1871 Census of St. Pancras, Middlesex with her parents. She was 9, a scholar, and born in St Pancras.2|
|(with Parents) 1881 Census||Lillie appeared on the 1881 Census of St. Pancras, Middlesex with her parents. She was 19, a Dressmaker, and born in St Pancras.4|
|Occupation||Lilly Smart was a dressmaker for at least ten years before she married.5|
|(with Parents) 1891 Census||Lilly appeared on the 1891 Census of St. Pancras, Middlesex with her parents. She was 29, employed as a Dressmaker, and born in St Pancras.5|
|Marriage||She married James Bilham Bilham on 19 Apr 1891 in St Pancras Old Church, London.|
Information from the certificate: James Bilham Bilham [sic], age 25, grocer, residence 55 St Margaret's Road, father James Bilham, surgeon;
Lilly Smart, 28, spinster, 63 Barclay Street, father William Smart, clerk;
They were married after banns and the witnesses were William Smart and Louise Smart.6
|1901 Census||James B and Lilly Bilham appeared on the 1901 Census of Kensington, London, at 246 Fulham Rd, enumerated 31 Mar 1901. James was 34, a shopkeeper, employer, and dairyman working at home, born in Paddington, London. Lilly was 38 and born in St Pancras. Their children were Daisy (9) and Sydney J (7). They also had one domestic servant and two boarders.7|
|1911 Census||James Bilham and Lilly Bilham appeared on the 1911 Census of Bracknell, Berkshire, at High Street. Their dwelling had seven rooms. James was 44, a dairyman and employer, and was born in Paddington London. Lilly was 42, born in St Pancras, and was the mother of 2 children, both still living. They had been married 19 years. At home was Sydney James (17, merchants clerk). Daughter Daisy's name was entered then crossed off so she was likely living elsewhere.8|
|Death||Lilly died in 1941.|
There is a death for a Lilly Bilham, age 79, in 1941 in Windsor RD, which includes Bracknell.9
|Last Edited||3 Jul 2016|
- Microfilm of the Parish Register of St. Mary's and St. Hugh's church, Harlow, Essex, 1755-1984 (Family History Library, 1472363).
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/228 folio 58. Image viewed at Ancestry.
- Microfilm of the Parish Register of St. Mary's and St. Hugh's church, Harlow, Essex, 1755-1984 (Family History Library, 1472363). Lilley Smart, 1862, #2119.
- 1881 Census for England & Wales, RG11/0204 folio 41. Image viewed at Ancestry.
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/126 folio 164. Image viewed at Ancestry.
- Marriages of the parish of St Pancras, Middlesex. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. James Bilham Bilham & Lilly Smart, 1891, #12.
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, RG13/37 folio 56. Image viewed at Ancestry.
- Image of the 1911 Census for England and Wales (1911 Census.co.uk, http://www.1911census.co.uk/), RG14/06671.
- FreeBMD. Lilly Bilham, Dec Q 1941, Windsor RD.