#19422, (1825 - 1868)
|Father||Peter Dennett Godart1 (c 1788 - 1860)|
|Mother||Elizabeth Jackson1 (c 1787 - 1866)|
|Relationship||Granddaughter of Peter Godart|
|Charts||Peter Godart & Mary Dowson - Children & Grandchildren|
Peter Godart & Mary Dowson - collapsible 6 generation descendant chart
Children of Anne Godart and Richard Deacon Lovett
|Birth||Anne Godart was born on 13 Mar 1825.1|
|Baptism||She was baptized on 17 Apr 1825 in St George in the East, Middlesex. She was the daughter of Peter, a Colour-maker, & Elizabeth Godart of Pell Street. Her birthdate was noted to be 13th of March 1825.1|
|(with Parents) 1841 Census||She appeared on the 1841 Census of St John Wapping, Middlesex in the household of her parents. Ann was 15 and born in this county.2|
|(Witness) Marriage||Anne Godart witnessed the marriage of William Castor Bear and her sister Charlotte Godart on 1 Nov 1842 in All Saints Stepney, Middlesex.3|
|(Witness) Marriage||Anne Godart witnessed the marriage of her brother Thomas Godart and Laura Bear on 3 Oct 1846 in All Saints Stepney.4|
|Marriage||Anne Godart married Richard Deacon Lovett on 8 Nov 1849 in St George Hanover Square, Middlesex.|
Details from the marriage register: Richard Deacon Lovett, full age, bachelor, Hair Dresser, residence Gilbert Street, father Richard Lovett, hair dresser;
Ann Godart, full age, spinster, Gilbert Street, father Peter Godart, Plumber;
They were married in the parish church after banns and the witnesses were James Grantham and Henry Wilcox.5
|1851 Census||Anne Godart and Richard Deacon Lovett appeared on the 1851 Census of Croydon, Surrey, at 4 King Street, enumerated 30 Mar 1851. Richard Lovetta [sic], was 26, a Hair dresser, and born in Christchurch, Surrey. Anne was 26 and born in St George East, Middlesex. Their son Richard was living with them.6|
|Passenger List||Anne Godart and Richard Deacon Lovett were listed on a manifest dated 15 Aug 1855 for the Devonshire, arriving in New York from London. Richard Lovett was 38 and a Barber, Ann was 30. Their residence was the USA. They were travelling in the 2nd Cabin with sons Richard (4) and Ernest (infant).7|
|Passenger List||Anne Godart was listed on a manifest dated 15 Sep 1857 arrived in New York from London on the "London"; Ann age 28, residence England, destination USA, second cabin, w/Richard age 7.8|
|Passenger List||She and Richard Deacon Lovett were listed on a manifest dated 28 Mar 1859 for the "Margaret Evans", which arrived in New York from London. Richard Lovett was 37, a Barber, residence USA and travelled on the Upper Deck (steerage). Anna was 37 and with them was Richd 8.9|
|1860 Census||Anne Godart and Richard Deacon Lovett appeared on the 1860 Federal Census of Brooklyn, Kings County, New York, enumerated 14 Jul 1860. Richard was age 35, a Hair Dresser, owned real estate worth $800 and personal estate of $300, and was born in England. Ann was age 35 and born in England. Their son Richard was listed as living with them.10|
|(Widowed) Death||Her husband Richard Deacon Lovett died in early 1868.11,12|
|Death||Anne died on 25 Jul 1868 in 68 Myddelton Square, Islington, Middlesex.13|
|Burial||Ann Lovett, of 68 Myddleton Square, Islington was buried on 28 Jul 1868. She was noted to be 44 years old. The burial register described the cemetery as "London Cemetery Company's North London or Kentish Town and Highgate Cemetery, of Saint James, in Swain's Lane, in the Parish of St Pancras, in the County of Middlesex, next Highgate".14|
|Probate||Her estate was proved on 11 Nov 1868 in Principal Registry, London. Entry from the probate calendar: |
LOVETT Ann. The Will of Ann Lovett late of 68 Myddelton-square in the County of Middlesex Widow deceased who died 25 July 1868 at 68 Myddelton-square aforesaid was proved at the Principal Registry by the oath of Thomas Godart of 67 Myddelton-square aforesaid Librarian the Brother the sole Executor. Effects under £300.13
|Last Edited||5 Dec 2015|
- Baptisms of St George in the East, Middlesex. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Ann Godart, 1825, #1420.
- 1841 Census for England & Wales, HO107/715/5 folio 42.
- Marriages of All Saints, Mile End New Town Tower Hamlets Stepney, Middlesex. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. William Caster Bear & Charlotte Godart, 1842, #23.
- Marriages of All Saints Mile End New Town, Stepney, Middlesex. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Thomas Godart & Laura Bear, 1846, #96.
- Marriages of St George Hanover Square, Middlesex. Registers from Westminster Archives. Image viewed at Findmypast.com, Richard Deacon Lovett & Ann Godart, 1849, #244.
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, HO107/1601 folio 161 page 40.
- New York Passenger Arrivals, images (www.ancestry.com) "M237 Roll 155."
- New York Passenger Arrivals, images (www.ancestry.com) "M237 Roll 178."
- New York Passenger Arrivals, images (www.ancestry.com) "M237 Roll 190."
- Online image of the 1860 Federal Census for United States (Heritage Quest, www.heritagequest.com), New York, Kings County, 9WD Brooklyn, page 205.
- FreeBMD. Richard Deacon Lovett, 43, Mar Q 1868, Clerkenwell RD.
- Burials of St Pancras, London. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Richard Deacon Lovett, 1868, #33819.
- England & Wales, National Probate Calendar (Index of Wills and Administrations),1858-1966. Images viewed at Ancestry.com. Ann Lovett, 1868.
- Burials of St Pancras, London. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Ann Lovett, 1868, #34571.