#21258, (1890 - 1940)
|Father||Sylvester Driscoll1 (c 1857 - bt 1906 - 1911)|
|Mother||Emily Fernee1 (1865 - 1946)|
|Relationship||2nd great-grandson of Samuel Fernee|
|Charts||Samuel Fernee & Mary Harris - collapsible 6 generation descendant chart|
Child of Albert Driscoll and Ruth Hudd
Children of Albert Driscoll and Sarah Hudd
|Birth||Albert Driscoll was born on 20 Apr 1890 in St Pancras, London.1,2|
|Baptism||He was baptized on 11 May 1890 in St John the Baptist, Kentish Town, London. He was the son of Sylvester, a coal porter, & Emily Driscoll of 20 Peckwater Street.2|
|(with Parents) 1891 Census||Albert appeared on the 1891 Census of St Pancras, London with his parents. He was one month old and born in Pancras.3|
|(with Parents) 1901 Census||He appeared on the 1901 Census of St Pancras, London with his parents. Albert was 10 and born in St Pancras.1|
|Military||He joined the Army in 1908, serving in the Royal Horse Artillery. His grandson Sandy Driscoll has provided a lovely write-up of Albert's service at the following site: http://horsetalk.co.nz/2012/08/07/museum-tells-story-real-life-albert-warhorses/#axzz2m5PvL2Bt|
|1911 Census||Albert Driscoll appeared on the 1911 Census of Christchurch, Hampshire, at Christchurch Barracks, Barrack Road. He was a Driver, age 22, single, born in Kentish Town, Middlesex, and serving in "C" Battery, Royal Home Artillery.4|
|Marriage||He married Ruth Hudd on 7 Jun 1914 in St Gregory the Great, Canterbury.|
Details from the registration: Albert Driscoll, 24, bachelor, Driver R.H.A., residence The Barracks Canterbury, father Sylvester Driscoll, deceased, sailor;
Ruth Hudd, 19, spinster, 12 Northgate Street Canterbury, father James Hudd, deceased, horse-keeper;
They were married in the parish church after banns and the witnesses were John Nesbitt and Sarah Scott.5
|(Widowed) Death||His wife Ruth died on 24 Nov 1918 of the Spanish flu.6,7|
|Marriage||Albert Driscoll married Sarah Hudd on 19 Jun 1927 in St Gregory the Great.|
Details from the registration: Albert Driscoll, 37, widower, Staff Farrier Sergt Royal Artillery, residence Woolwich, father William Sylvester Driscoll, deceased, mariner;
Sarah Hudd, 29, spinster, 5 Artillery Gardens Canterbury, father William James Hudd, deceased, horsekeeper;
They were married in the parish church after banns and the witnesses were G B Hudd, J D Nesbitt, and H Erford?8
|Death||Albert's sons were evacuated during World War II but, sadly, he was killed. The entry in the Civilian Deaths Record is as follows: "Driscoll, Albert, age 50; of 41 Avondale House, Old Kent Road. Husband of Sarah Driscoll. Injured 10 October 1940, at Avondale House; died same day at South-Eastern Hospital."7,9|
|Last Edited||29 Jan 2017|
- 1901 Census for England & Wales, RG13/151 folio 34.
- Baptisms of St John the Baptist Church, Kentish Town, London. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Albert Driscoll, 1890, #1343.
- 1891 Census for England & Wales, RG12/139 folio 165.
- 1911 Census for England & Wales, RD 95 SD Christchurch ED 20-21 Piece 5829.
- Marriages of St Gregory-the-Great, Canterbury. Image viewed at Findmypast.com, Albert Driscoll & Ruth Hudd, 1914, #61.
- FreeBMD. Ruth Driscoll, age 23, Dec Q 1918, Canterbury RD.
- E-mails from Nyree Kilgour to J Kolthammer.
- Marriages of St Gregory-the-Great, Canterbury. Image viewed at Findmypast.com, Albert Driscoll & Sarah Hudd, 1927, #33.
- Commonwealth War Graves Commission, Civilian War Dead in the United Kingdom, 1939-1945, 7 volumes (London: Peter Singlehurst, 1954-1957). Viewed at Ancestry.com.