Annie Myrtle Robertson1
#12959, (1890 - 1940)
|Father||William Wallace Robertson1 (1862 - 1936)|
|Mother||Jeannie Moir Tassie1 (1864 - 1905)|
|Relationship||Great-granddaughter of William Inkster|
|Charts||Descendants of John Inkster & Abigail Marion|
Ann Inkster & James Maitland Tassie descendants
Child of Annie Myrtle Robertson and John Norman McLeod
|Birth||Annie Myrtle Robertson was born on 30 Sep 1890 in Owen Sound, Grey County, Ontario.|
Information from registration: daughter of William Wallace Robertson & Jennie Morrow Tassie, informant William Wallace Robertson, Ship builder, Owen Sound, registered 22 Oct 1890.1
|(with Parents) 1891 Census||Annie M Robertson appeared on the 1891 Census of Owen Sound, Grey County, Ontario with her parents. She was 6 months old, born in Ontario, father born in Scotland, mother in Ontario, religion Canada Presbyterian.2|
|(In) Photograph||She was photographed with her grandparents James Maitland Tassie and Ann Inkster.3|
|(with Parents) 1901 Census||Annie M Robertson appeared on the 1901 Census of Owen Sound, Grey County, Ontario with her parents. She was 10 years old, born Sep 30 1890 in urban Ontario, and attended school 10 months.4|
|(with Father) 1911 Census||Myrtle appeared on the 1911 Census of Owen Sound, Grey County, Ontario with her widowed father. She was 20, born September 1890 in Ontario with no occupation noted.5|
|Marriage||Annie Myrtle Robertson married John Norman McLeod on 18 Apr 1917 in Fort William, District of Thunder Bay, Ontario.|
Information from marriage certificate: John Norman McLeod, 29, residence recently from Fort Frances now Fort William, born Dalkeith Ontario, bachelor, occupation Company Sargent Major with 141 Battalion, Presbyterian, son of William Norman McLeod & Jessie McLeod;
Myrtle Corinne Robertson, 25, residence Port Arthur, born Sandusky Ohio USA, spinster, nurse, Presbyterian, daughter of Wallace William Robertson & Jean Tassie;
They were married by H Irvine Presbyterian Minister and the witnesses were Mrs C Featherly & [Myrtle's sister] Madeline Robertson, both of Port Arthur.6
|1921 Census||John and Myrtle McLeod appeared on the 1921 Census of Sioux Lookout, Ontario, at Front Street. They rented their 3 room wood house for $15. John was 34, born in Ontario, father born in Ontario, mother in Quebec, of Scotch origin, occupation Provincial Constable working for the Ontario government, earning $2000. Myrtle was 26, born in Ontario, father born in Scotland, mother in Ontario|
They had one son, Ross, who was 6 months old. The family was Presbyterian.7
|(Informant) Death||Myrtle Robertson McLeod of Haney, B.C. registered the 1936 death of her father William Wallace Robertson.8|
|(Informant) Death||Mrs. John N. MacLeod of Haney registered the 1938 death of her husband John Norman McLeod.9|
|Death||She died on 18 May 1940 in Royal Columbian Hospital, New Westminster, British Columbia.|
Information from certificate: Myrtle MacLeod, residence 10th Ave, Haney, Maple Ridge, has been in New Westminster 4 weeks, and in the province 15 years. She is a widow, born Sept 30th 1890 in Ontario, age 49 years 7 months 18 days, and has been a housewife for 23 years. Father William W Robertson born Scotland, mother Jeanie Tassie born Ontario. Informant was her sister Mrs Helen Hobbs of Fort William, Ont.10
|Burial||She was buried on 28 May 1940 in Maple Ridge Cemetery, British Columbia. The headstone reads: Myrtle MacCleod, b 30 Sep 1890, d. 18 May 1940, d/o William Robertson and Jeannie Tassie.11,10|
|Last Edited||25 Jun 2014|
- Birth Registrations of Ontario, Canada. Image viewed at Ancestry.com. Annie Myrtle Robertson, #010960-90.
- 1891 Census for Canada. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Ontario, Grey North (68), Owen Sound, West Ward (d-2), page 20.
- E-mails from Sharon Hoskyn, BC, to J Kolthammer, date of photo estimated - Myrtle was born in Sept 1890 and James died in Oct 1893.
- 1901 Census for Canada. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Grey (N) (65), Owen Sound (d-6), page 8, line 37.
- 1911 Census for Canada. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Ontario, Grey North (73), Owen Sound (47), page 5.
- Marriage Registrations of Ontario, 1857-1928. Image viewed at Ancestry.com. McLeod/Robertson, #019497-17.
- 1921 Census for Canada. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Ontario, Port Arthur and Kenora, SD 56, Page 9.
- Death certificate of William Wallace Robertson, died 8 August 1936, registered 14 August 1936 in the Province of British Columbia, Certificate #36-09-517156.
- Death certificate of John Norman MacLeod, died 9 May 1938, registered 12 May 1938 in the Province of British Columbia, Certificate #38-09-543656.
- Death certificate of Myrtle MacLeod, died 18 May 1940, registered 27 May 1940 in the Province of British Columbia, Certificate #40-09-573095.
- Website Interment.net [an online database of indexed cemeteries] (http://www.interment.net), Myrtle MacCleod.
- Second World War Service Files: Canadian Armed Forces War Dead. Library and Archives Canada, (http://www.collectionscanada.ca/archivianet/020110_e.html), Ross Robertson MacLeod, Service Number K52301.