#19133, (circa 1788 - )
|Charts||Ancestors of Mabel Smart|
Children of Catherine (-?-) and William Buckley
* * * * *
Catherine (surname unknown) was born in Ireland and was the wife of William Buckley. They lived in Surrey, England and had two known daughters, Ellen and Mary.
* * * * *
|Birth||Catherine (-?-) was born circa 1788 probably in Ireland.1,2|
|Marriage||She married William Buckley.|
It's not yet known whether this occurred in Ireland or in England.
|(Witness) Marriage|| Catherine witnessed the marriage of Charles Wright and her daughter Ellen Buckley on 2 Nov 1840 in St Mary Newington, Surrey. Charles Wright signed his name, but Ellen and her parents William and Catherine all signed with an X.3,4|
|1841 Census||William and Catherine Buckley appeared on the 1841 Census of St Mary Lambeth, Surrey, at Dawson's Place, enumerated 6 Jun 1841. William was 50, a journeyman Pavior, and was born in Ireland. Catherine was 50 and born in Ireland. With them was their newlywed daughter Ellen and her husband Charles Wright. [Note: ages were rounded down in the 1841 census]2|
|(Widowed) Death||Her husband William died on 8 Dec 1844. Catherine was present at the death at their residence at 1 Salamanca Place, Broad Street and was the informant on the registration. She signed with an X.5|
|1851 Census||Catherine Buckley and Edward Buckley appeared on the 1851 Census of St Mary Lambeth, Surrey, at 67 Broad Street. Cathrine was a widow, age 63, born in Lambeth [sic] and a lodger with the Burley family at the same address as her daughter Ellen Wright and family. Edward was also a lodger there but no relationship was recorded. He was 25, single, a Porter and was born in Ireland.1|
|Research Note||Catherine has not been found in the 1861 census. There are 5 Catherine Buckley deaths in the index between 1851 and 1861 in Lambeth.6|
|Last Edited||16 Dec 2014|
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, HO107/1571 folio 114. Image viewed at Ancestry.
- 1841 Census for England & Wales, HO107/1057 Book 8 Folio 44. Image viewed at Ancestry or Findmypast.
- Copy marriage certificate of Charles Wright and Ellen Buckley, married 2 November 1840 in the Registration District of St Mary Newington.
- Marriages of the parish of St Mary Newington. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Charles Wright & Ellen Buckley, 1840, #293.
- Copy death certificate of William Buckley, died 8 December 1844, registered 11 December 1844 in the Registration District of Lambeth.