#19569, (between 1787 and 1791 - 8 December 1844)
|Charts||Ancestors of Mabel Smart|
Children of William Buckley and Catherine (-?-)
* * * * *
Little is known about William. He was from Ireland and settled in Surrey, England. By trade, William was a journeyman pavior or mason.
He and his wife Catherine had two known daughters, Ellen and Mary. William died a few years after his daughters married two Wright brothers, Charles and Noah.
* * * * *
|Birth||William Buckley was born between 1787 and 1791 in Ireland.1|
|Marriage||He married Catherine (-?-).|
It's not yet known whether this occurred in Ireland or in England.
|(Witness) Marriage||William Buckley witnessed the marriage of Charles Wright and his daughter Ellen Buckley on 2 Nov 1840 in St Mary Newington, Surrey. Charles Wright signed his name, but Ellen and her parents William and Catherine all signed with an X.2,3|
|1841 Census||William and Catherine Buckley appeared on the 1841 Census of St Mary Lambeth, Surrey, at Dawson's Place, enumerated 6 Jun 1841. William was 50, a journeyman Pavior, and was born in Ireland. Catherine was 50 and born in Ireland. With them was their newlywed daughter Ellen and her husband Charles Wright. [Note: ages were rounded down in the 1841 census]1|
|Note.||There were many Irish families living at Dawson's Place in the 1841 census.1|
|(Witness) Marriage||William Buckley witnessed the marriage of Noah Wright to his minor daughter Mary Buckley on 6 Nov 1842 in St Mary Newington.4|
|Death||William died on 8 Dec 1844 in 1 Salamanca Place, Broad Street, Lambeth, Surrey.|
Information as recorded on the certificate: William Buckley, age 57, occupation pavior, cause of death asthma. The informant was Catherine Buckley of 1 Salamanca Place who was present at the death. It was registered on December 11th and she signed with her mark.5
|Burial||He was buried on 12 Dec 1844 in St Mary Lambeth, Surrey.6|
|Last Edited||16 Dec 2014|
- 1841 Census for England & Wales, HO107/1057 Book 8 Folio 44. Image viewed at Ancestry or Findmypast.
- Copy marriage certificate of Charles Wright and Ellen Buckley, married 2 November 1840 in the Registration District of St Mary Newington.
- Marriages of the parish of St Mary Newington. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Charles Wright & Ellen Buckley, 1840, #293.
- Marriages of the parish of St Mary Newington. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Noel Wright & Mary Buckley, 1842.
- Copy death certificate of William Buckley, died 8 December 1844, registered 11 December 1844 in the Registration District of Lambeth.
- Burials of St Mary Lambeth. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Willaim Buckley, 1844, #1237.