This site is a work in progress. Which section I work on next is often determined by newly available sources or correspondence with someone interested in a particular corner of the tree. I look forward to being contacted by folks who link into this tree so that we can complete more of the picture. You can contribute by contacting me with stories, photos, documents, or other information. Please let me know of any errors or typos.
People on this site
There are no details about living people but their names may appear as children in the family section of their parents or on a chart.
Dad's ancestors are marked with a green tree icon by their names. A red tree indicates a top-of-the-line ancestor whose parents are not yet determined.
Those who immigrated are denoted with the flag of their new country, e.g. Canada .
Finding a person on the site
Find someone via the surname index, the charts, or the search tab, all accessible from the top menu.
There is an individual page for each person, arranged as follows:
- Name and birth/death years
- Parents' names
- An "Extended Family" button which opens up a diagram of the subject's siblings, children, parents, grandparents, and great grandparents
- Links to charts on which the subject appears
- Family section, listing known children
- The main section - a chronology of life events
- Source citations
- A link to contact me
Other areas to Explore
From the top menu you can also connect to
- Surname Index - lists everyone who has their own information page. If someone has no information other than while a child at home with their parents (e.g. birth, baptism, census), they won't have their own page. They will, however, show up on the charts and in the search engine.
- Charts - illustrate ancestries and descendancies of key people
- Images - thumbnails ... click the lightbox icon to enlarge the image or click the arrow to go to an individual's page
- Search - finds any person on this website
Odds & ends
Anything in [square brackets] is an explanatory note that I have added.
The information displayed on these pages will necessarily change as the research continues and this site is updated. Although great care has been taken, I do not guarantee the accuracy of all information on this website.
By checking the citations, you can see where a particular piece of information was found and evaluate how likely it is to be correct. For instance, a date of birth from a birth certificate is more reliable than one from a census or a published book. I have not cited every source that supports a fact...there might be 3 census records that say a person was born in xxx place but I typically don't cite them all.
Do not copy to commercial sites such as Ancestry. If you use any of the information presented on this site for your own genealogical research, please remember to cite accordingly. Something along the lines of "Jen's Genealogy, online, http://genealogy.kolthammer.org, accessed date" would be suitable.
If you would like to hear about updates to this site, please contact me.
- Numerous correspondents and cousins, many of whom are noted in the citations
- The developers and supportive user community of The Master Genealogist and Second Site, programs which were used to produce this site.