#23009, (1845 - )
|Charts||Hector McLean & Mary McGillivray's children & grandchildren|
Hector McLean & Mary McGillivray - 5 generations of descendants
Children of Celinda Jane Lighthall and Archibald McLean
|Birth||Celinda Jane Lighthall was born in Oct 1845 in Illinois.1|
|Research Note||In the 1860 census, Salinda was with her parents Joseph and Mary in Dayton, LaSalle County, Illinois.|
|Marriage||She married Archibald McLean, son of Martin McLean and Mary McGilvray, on 27 Jan 1869 in La Salle County, Illinois.|
Details from the license and return: Archibald McLein [sic] of LaSalle County, reached age 21; Miss Celinda J Lighthall, reached age 18.
Archibald signed the license on 23 January 1869 and they were married on the 27th by Wesley Batcheller, Minister of the Gospel.4
|1870 Census||Arichibold and Celinda McLain [sic] appeared on the 1870 Federal Census of Grand River Township, De Kalb County, Missouri, enumerated 18 Aug 1870. Archibald was 25, a farmer with no real estate and personal estate of $50, birthplace Canada. Celinda was 23 and born in Illinois. They had one son, Henry, who was 2 months old, born in April in Missouri.2|
|1880 Census||Archie and Celinda McLean appeared on the 1880 Federal Census of Dayton Township, La Salle County, Illinois, enumerated 18 Jun 1880. Archie was 35, a farmer, born in Canada, parents born in Scotland. Celinda was 34, keeping house, born in Illinois, parents born in Pennsylvania. They had no children with them [Enumerator error? Not found elsewhere]. One farm laborer was in the household.5|
|1900 Census||Archibald and C Jane McLean appeared on the 1900 Federal Census of Onarga Township, Iroquois County, Illinois, enumerated 11 Jun 1900. Archibald was 55, born in November 1844 in Canada, parents born in Scotland, and was a farm laborer out of work 4 months that year. Jane was 54, born October 1845 in Illinois, father born in New York, mother in Pennsylvania, and she was the mother of 11 children, 7 of whom were still living. Archibald and Jane had been married 32 years, could both read & write, and rented their home. Their children at home were Kittie M (20, restaurant clerk), Jesse L (17), and Flora J (10), both attending school.1|
|(Widowed) Death||Her husband Archibald died in Dec 1907.6|
|1910 Census||Salinda McLean appeared on the 1910 Federal Census of Chicago, Cook County, Illinois, at 1717 Park Avenue. She was with her daughter and son-in-law Kate and Joseph Webb. Salinda was 64, a widow, born in Canada, parents born in Canada.7|
|Directory||She was listed in the 1912 Denver, Colorado, directory as Mrs Celinda J McLean residing at 1188 S Logan. Also at that address was Henry J McLean, proprietor Eclipse Novelty Wks.8|
|1915 Census||Mrs C J McLean appeared on the 1915 Iowa State Census in Caledonia Township, O'Brien County. She was a widow, age 70, birthplace Illinois, father's birthplace New York, mother's birthplace Pennsylvania. She had 7 years of schooling and could read and write. She had been in Iowa for 3 years and her nearest post office was Marcus. [Her daughter Mrs Emmett Dehart's family was also there]9|
|1920 Census||Henry J McLean and his widowed mother Celinda J appeared on the 1920 Federal Census of Keenesburg, Weld County, Colorado. Henry owned his farm free. He was 48, single, born in Missouri, father born in Canada, mother in Illinois, and was a general farmer. Celinda was 74, widowed, born in Illinois, father in New York, and mother in Pennsylvania. There was no one else in the household.10|
|1930 Census||Henry J and his mother Salinda J McLean appeared on the 1930 Federal Census of Keenesburg, Weld County, Colorado, at Elm Street. Henry was 59, single, born in Missouri, father in Canada, mother in Illinois, and was a farm laborer. Salinda was 84, widowed, first married at 22, born in Illinois, father in New York, mother in Pennsylvania. They rented their place for $15 and did not have a radio.11|
|Research Note||Not with her son Henry in the 1940 census.|
|Last Edited||25 Aug 2014|
- 1900 Federal Census for United States, Illinois, Iroquois County, Onarga, ED 23, Page 8B. Digital image viewed at Ancestry.com.
- 1870 Federal Census for United States, Missouri, De Kalb County, Grand River, Roll M593_774, Page 473B. Digital image viewed at Ancestry.com.
- Family Search Indexes to Iowa Marriages, 1809-1992, Emmet Dehart & Jessie Mclean, 1908.
- Archibald McLein & Celinda J Lighthall marriage license and return, La Salle County, 1869. Copy from Stan Gaul.
- 1880 Federal Census for United States, Illinois, L Salle County, Dayton, Roll 222, ED 56, Page 119C. Digital image viewed at Ancestry.com.
- US Genweb Archives. http://files.usgwarchives.net/il/iroquois/cemeteries/…
- 1910 Federal Census for United States, Illinois, Cook County, Chicago Ward 14, ED 694, Page 5A. Digital image viewed at Ancestry.com.
- Ballenger & Richards Denver City Directory, 1912. Images at Ancestry.com.
- 1915 State Census for Iowa, image viewed online (Ancestry, www.ancestry.com), O'Brien County, Caledonia Township, Card #502.
- 1920 Federal Census for United States, Colorado, Weld County, Keenesburg, ED 261, Page 5B. Digital image viewed at Ancestry.com.
- 1930 Federal Census for United States, Colorado, Weld County, Keenesburg, ED 89, Page 2B. Image viewed at Ancestry.com.
- Inferred from analysis of data: Obituary of Henry J McLean in 1954 mentioned a brother Arthur in Joliet, Illinois.
- Illinois County Marriages, 1810-1934. Text extraction viewed at FamilySearch online, Lulu Belle Mc Lean & Isaac Wesley Graves, 1891.
- 1900 Federal Census for United States, Minnesota, Jackson County, Des Moines Township, ED 105, Sheet 4A. Digital image viewed at Ancestry.com.