#2381, (1770 - 1851)
|Father||Philip Mogridge1 (1738 - 1797)|
|Mother||Ann Mogridge1 (1744 - )|
|Charts||William Oliver (born ~1730) & Ann Wilson - collapsible 6 generation descendant chart|
Ancestors of Sarah Oliver (my line)
Ancestors of John Andrew Linton (John's line)
Ancestors of Robert McClive Linton (Lois' line)
Children of Sarah Mogridge and Richard Oliver
|Baptism||Sarah Mogridge was baptized on 10 Sep 1770 in Cheriton Fitzpaine, Devon.1. The entry in the parish register: Sarah Dr of Philip Mogridge & Ann his Wife. Sepr 10th|
|Marriage||She married Richard Oliver, son of William Oliver and Ann Wilson, on 11 Apr 1792 in Cheriton Fitzpaine.|
Witness: John Rattenbury.2
|(Executor & Heir) Will||Sarah Oliver was named an executrix and an heir in the will of her husband Richard Oliver dated 2 Oct 1831 Sarah was named to receive the residue of the estate after legacies to their children.3|
|(Widowed) Death||Her husband Richard died on 18 Dec 1831.3|
|Signature||Sarah's signature was on the administration papers for her husband Richard's estate. Richard signed his will with an X.3|
|(Other) 1841 Census||Sarah Oliver appeared on the 1841 Census of Cheriton Fitzpaine, Devon, in the household of John Oliver. Sarah was 70, Independent, and born in the county. Relationships were not recorded in the 1841 census but she was John's mother.4|
|Will||Sarah Oliver wrote a will dated 17 Jan 1844. |
Last Will and Testament of Sarah Oliver, widow, of Cheriton Fitzpaine.
To son John Oliver, butcher of Cheriton Fitzpaine, all her freehold estate of land with appurtenances known as Codcloses, situated in Cheriton Fitzpaine, and now with John Oliver as tenant, subject to the following legacies:
To son Richard Oliver of the parish of Axmouth, Devon £70
To son Thomas Oliver of the parish of Stokeinteignhead, Devon £70
To son Edward Oliver of the parish of Thelbridge, Devon £50
To daughter Ann Pasmore of the parish of Thorverton, Devon £20
To daughter Mary Oliver of the parish of Cheriton Fitzpaine £50
To daughter Sally Oliver of the parish of Thorverton, Devon £50
To daughters Mary and Sally all her beds, household furniture, plate, linen, china, and glass to be equally divided between them by the executor
Residue to son John
Appointed son John to be sole executor
Signed by Sarah Oliver, 17 January 1844. Witnesses Robt Maunder and John Wotton.5
|(Other) 1851 Census||Sarah Oliver appeared on the 1851 Census of Cheriton Fitzpaine, Devon, in the household of John Oliver. She was John's mother, age 80, a widow, and born in Cheriton Fitzpaine.6|
|Death||Sarah died on 17 Dec 1851.5,7|
|Burial||She was buried on 20 Dec 1851 in St Mary, Cheriton Fitzpaine, Devon. The register noted that she was 81 and her abode was Cheriton.8|
|Probate||Her estate was proved on 5 Feb 1852 in Archdeaconry Court of Exeter. Administration was granted to John Oliver, butcher, of Cheriton Fitzpaine on 30 January 1852.5|
|Last Edited||6 Oct 2014|
- Cheriton Fitzpaine, Devon, Baptism Register, Image viewed at FindMyPast. Sarah Mogridge, 1770.
- Microfilm of the Parish Register of Cheriton Fitzpaine, Devon, 1610-1835 (Family History Library, 0916835).
- Will and Administration of Richard Oliver of Cheriton Fitzpaine, 2 October 1831, proved in the Archdeaconry Court of Exeter, 14 May1832 (Family History Library, film #1278965).
- 1841 Census for England & Wales, HO107/209 Book 1 Folio 3. Image viewed at Ancestry or Findmypast.
- Will and Administration of Sarah Oliver of Cheriton Fitzpaine, 17 January 1844, proved in the Archdeaconry Court of Exeter, 5 February 1852 (Family History Library, film #1278965).
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, HO107/1887 folio 432. Image viewed at Ancestry.
- FreeBMD. Sarah Oliver, Dec Q 1851, Crediton RD.
- St Mary, Cheriton Fitzpaine, Devon, Burial Register, Image viewed at FindMyPast. Sarah Oliver, 1951, #577.