#14573, (15 April 1857 - 2 January 1933)
|Father||Thomas Joseph Cox3,1 (1835 - after 1911)|
|Mother||Emma Martin Stocker3,1 (1839 - 1900)|
|Charts||Descendants of Thomas Cox & Martha Ann Beaton|
Children of Thomas William Martin Cox and Elizabeth Alice Ryderberg
|Birth||Thomas William Martin Cox was born on 15 Apr 1857 in Surrey.1|
|Baptism||He was baptized on 10 May 1857 in St John Waterloo, Surrey. The register noted that he was the son of Thomas Joseph, a mathematical instrument maker, & Emma Martin Cox of William Street.1|
|(with Parents) 1861 Census||Thomas appeared on the 1861 Census of Christchurch, Surrey with his parents. He was 3 years old and born in Christchurch Surrey.4|
|(with Parents) 1871 Census||Thomas appeared on the 1871 Census of Southwark, Surrey with his parents. He was 14, a Scholar, and born in Southwark.5|
|(Other) 1871 Census||Thomas appeared on the 1871 Census of Christ Church, Surrey, with his grandparents Mary and Thomas William Cox. Thomas was 14, a Printers Reader, born in London. He was enumerated both here and with his parents.6|
|Immigration||Thomas William Martin Cox immigrated to New South Wales, Australia, in 1878.3|
|Marriage||He married Elizabeth Alice Ryderberg on 17 May 1887 in St Matthias, Paddington, New South Wales.|
Information from certificate: Thomas Cox, bachelor, printer, born London, residence Sydney, father Thomas Cox;
Elizabeth Alice Ryderberg, spinster, born New South Wales, residence Paddington, father Peter
married in the Church of Saint Matthias, Paddington [church of England]; witnesses J. Stanger, Matilda Cox.7,3
|Newspaper|| Published 18 May 1912 in the Sydney Morning Herald. |
COX-RYDERBERG.- May 17, 1887, at St. Matthias', Paddington, by the late Rev. Zachary Barry, LL.D., Thomas Cox, of Clapham Junc., England, to Elizabeth A. Ryderberg, second daughter of the late Peter Ryderberg, Paddington. Present address: Wolli Creek, Canterbury.8
|Death||Thomas died on 2 Jan 1933 in 60 Wolli Avenue, Earlwood, Municipality of Canterbury, New South Wales.|
Information from the death certificate: Thomas Cox, age 75, farmer, married, born London, England, 54 years in NSW, father Thomas Martin Cox, mother Emma Stocker; married in NSW at age 30 to Elizabeth Alice Ryderberg; Living children William 45 years, Thomas 44, Louise 37, George 33, Elizabeth 30, Walter 25. Three Females deceased; informant G Cox, son, 60 Wolli Ave, Earlwood; buried 3 January 1933 at The Church of England Cemetery, Rookwood.3
|Newspaper|| Published 3 Jan 1933 in the Sydney Morning Herald. |
COX.- The Relatives and Friends of Mrs. ELIZABETH COX, and WILLIAM, THOMAS, GEORGE, WALTER, LOUISA, and ELIZABETH are kindly invited to attend the Funeral of her late beloved HUSBAND and their FATHER, Thomas; to leave their residence, 60 Woolli-avenue, Earlwood, THIS TUESDAY, at 1.30 p.m., for Church of England Cemetery, Rookwood, by road. F.W. Hartley, Motor Funeral Directors.9
|Burial||He was buried on 3 Jan 1933 in Church of England Cemetery, Rookwood, New South Wales.3|
|Last Edited||16 Aug 2014|
- Baptisms of the parish of St John Waterloo. Register at London Metropolitan Archives. Image viewed at Ancestry. Thomas William Martin Cox, 1857.
- E-mails from Wade Cox to J Kolthammer.
- Copy death certificate of Thomas Cox, died 2 January 1933, registered 3 January 1933 in the Municipality of Canterbury, New South Wales, Australia.
- 1861 Census for England & Wales, RG9/313 folio 86. Image viewed at Ancestry.
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/593 ed4 f19 p32. Image viewed at Ancestry.
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/592 folio 55. Image viewed at Ancestry.
- Copy marriage certificate of Thomas Cox and Elizabeth Alice Ryderberg, married 17 May 1887 in New South Wales.
- Sydney Morning Herald [Australia], Cox-Ryderberg Silver Wedding, 18 May 1912. Digital image viewed at Australia National Archives Trove site.
- Sydney Morning Herald [Australia], Thomas Cox funeral notice, 3 January 1933. Digital image viewed at Australia National Archives Trove site.
- New South Wales (Australia) Indexes to Births, 1788-1905, online at http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au", Thomas R G Cox, s/o Thomas & Elizabeth A, #12918/1889."
- New South Wales (Australia) Indexes to Births, 1788-1905, online at http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au", Emily A Cox, d/o Thomas & Elizabeth of Newtown District, #25813/1893."
- New South Wales (Australia) Indexes to Births, 1788-1905, online at http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au", Nellie A Cox, d/o Thomas & Elizabeth A of Newtown District, #24266/1897."