Isobel Tryphena Tassie1
#3769, (1866 - 1936)
|Father||James Maitland Tassie1 (c 1837 - 1893)|
|Mother||Ann Inkster1 (c 1838 - 1897)|
|Relationship||Granddaughter of William Inkster|
|Charts||Descendants of John Inkster & Abigail Marion|
Ann Inkster & James Maitland Tassie descendants
|Birth||Isobel Tryphena Tassie was born on 7 Nov 1866 in Madoc, Hastings County, Ontario.|
Her birthday is worked out from the following data:
April 1871 census - 4 years old
April 1881 census - 14 years old
April 1891 census - 23 years old
April 1901 census - 33 years old; birthdate Nov 7 1867
June 1911 census - 40 years old; birthdate Nov 1870
death certificate - birthdate 7 May 1866
burial record - birthdate 7 Nov 1866.1
|(with Parents) 1871 Census||Issbell F [sic] Tassie appeared on the 1871 Census of Madoc, Hastings County, Ontario with her parents. She was four years old and born in Ontario.2|
|(Other) 1881 Census||Bella Tassey appeared on the 1881 Census of Bruce Township, Bruce County, Ontario, in the household of her uncle Magnus Inkster. She was 14 years old, born in Ontario, Presbyterian, of Scotch origin, and attended school.3|
|(Witness) Marriage||Isabella Tassie of Owen Sound witnessed the marriage of Robert Chalmers and her sister Elizabeth on 29 Dec 1886 in Owen Sound, Grey County, Ontario.4|
|(Witness) Marriage||Isabella Tassie of Owen Sound witnessed the marriage of William Wallace Robertson and her sister Jeannie Moir Tassie on 23 Nov 1887 in Owen Sound.5|
|(with Parents) 1891 Census||Bella appeared on the 1891 Census of Owen Sound, Grey County, Ontario with her parents. She was 23, born in Ontario, father born in Scotland, mother in Ontario, religion Canada Presbyterian, and was employed as a School Teacher.6|
|(Informant) Death||Isabella Tassie, spinster, of Owen Sound registered the death of her father James Maitland Tassie.7|
|(Sibling) 1901 Census||Isabella Tassie appeared on the 1901 Census of Owen Sound, Grey County, Ontario, in her sister Jeannie's household. She was single, age 33, born Nov 7 1867 in rural Ontario, and was a teacher who worked 12 months for $350.8|
|(Other) 1911 Census||Isabel Tassie appeared on the 1911 Census of Owen Sound, Grey County, Ontario, in the household of her widowed brother in law William Robertson and two of his daughters. She was 40 years old, single, born November 1870 in Ontario and was employed as a teacher in a public school, working 42 weeks for $550.9|
|(Witness) Marriage||Isabel T Tassie of Port Arthur witnessed the marriage of Herbert Samuel Hobbs and her niece Helen Belle Robertson on 16 Aug 1917 in Port Arthur, District of Thunder Bay, Ontario.11|
|(Heir) Will||She was named an heir in the will of Isabella Fidlar dated 22 Jan 1925. The will included the phrase, "to my niece Isabel Tassie of Kenora, Ontario the sum of One thousand Dollars."12|
|Occupation||Isobel Tryphena Tassie was a school teacher for 39 years. In Grey County, Miss Isabel Tassie taught in Kemble in 1886-87 for $300 and 1890-91 for $320.1,13|
|Residence-Moved||In 1931, Isobel Tryphena Tassie moved to Maple Ridge, BC.1|
|Death||Isobel died on 10 Jul 1936 in Maple Ridge, British Columbia.|
Information from certificate: residence Stephens Road, Haney, Maple Ridge; in municipality 5 years, age 66 years 8 months 3 days, single, retired schoolteacher, father James Tassie birthplace Madoc, mother Annie Inkster birthplace Madoc; informant A V Tassie, sister, Haney BC [the info was transcribed by a volunteer in BC].1
|Burial||She was buried in Maple Ridge Cemetery, Fraser Valley, British Columbia. The record says: "Tassie, Isobel Tryphena, B. 7 Nov 1866, d/o James Tassie and Annie Inkster."14|
|Last Edited||22 Sep 2013|
- Death certificate registered in the Province of British Columbia. Isobel Tryphena Tassie, #1936-09-516678.
- 1871 Census for Canada. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Ontario, North Hastings (62), Madoc (2-e), page 4.
- 1881 Census for Canada. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Ontario, Bruce North (177), Bruce Township (a-1), page 43.
- Marriage Registrations of Ontario, 1857-1928. Image viewed at Ancestry.com. Chalmers/Tassie, #003584-86.
- Marriage Registrations of Ontario, 1857-1928. Image viewed at Ancestry.com. Robertson/Tassie, #004207-87.
- 1891 Census for Canada. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Ontario, North Grey (68), West Ward Owen Sound, page 43.
- Death Registrations of Ontario, 1869-1938. Image viewed at Ancestry.com. James Maitland Tassie, #006100-93.
- 1901 Census for Canada. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Grey (N) (65), Owen Sound (d-6), page 8, line 37.
- 1911 Census for Canada. Image from Library and Archives Canada viewed at Ancestry.com. Ontario, Grey North (73), Owen Sound (47), page 5.
- E-mails from Sharon Hoskyn, BC, to J Kolthammer, date of photo estimated - Harvey was born in 1911 and Orville in Sept 1913.
- Marriage Registrations of Ontario, 1857-1928. Image viewed at Ancestry.com. Hobbs/Robertson, #019392-17.
- Last Will and Testament of Isabella Fidlar of Toronto, Ontario, 22 January 1925. Typescript copy in the possession of Sharon Hoskyn.
- Women's Institutes of Grey County. Tweedsmuir Histories. Digitized pages viewed at http://greyroots.ca/exhibitions/virtual-exhibits/…
- Website Interment.net [an online database of indexed cemeteries] (http://www.interment.net).