#440, (bt 1790 - 1794 - bt 1871 - 1881)
|Charts||Hector McLean & Mary McGillivray's children & grandchildren|
Hector McLean & Mary McGillivray - 5 generations of descendants
Ancestors of Isabella McLean Inkster (my great grandmother)
Children of Mary McGillvra and Hector McLean
|Birth||Mary McGillvra was born between 1790 and 1794 in Scotland.3|
|Research Note||Surviving Kilfinichen and Kilvickeon parish records begin in 1804, so there likely is no record of Mary's birth or who her parents were. As well, McGillivray is a common name there.4|
|Marriage||She married Hector McLean on 15 Mar 1814 in Kilfinichen & Kilvickeon, Argyll.|
Mary's residence was Killunaig.2
|Residence||Between 1815 and 1819, the family lived in Torran Iochdarach as recorded in the baptism records of their first three children.|
|Immigration||Hector and Mary and their children immigrated from Mull in the county of Argyll, Scotland to Vaughan Township, York County, Canada circa 1820.|
|1851/2 Census||Hector and Mary McLean appeared on the 1852 Census of Vaughan Twp, York County, Ontario, enumerated Jan 1852. Hector was age 63 next birthday, a farmer, born in Scotland and with religion Kirk Scotland. Mary was age 60 next birthday and born in Scotland. They lived with their children Allan (21[sic]), Catharine (22), Christie (18), and Hugh (17) in a one story log house along with son John, his wife Flora and their son Duncan.3|
|1861 Census||Hector and Mary appeared on the 1861 Census of Vaughan Township, York County, Ontario. Hector was a farmer, born in Scotland, Church of Scotland, age 71, and married. Mary was 67, born in Scotland, Church of Scotland, and married. They lived in a two story frame house with their children Hugh (26) and Christie (28).5|
|1871 Census||Hector and Mary appeared on the 1871 Census of Bruce Township, Bruce County, Ontario, enumerated 2 Apr 1871. Hector was 89, born in Scotland, Church of Scotland, a farmer, and married. Mary was 85, born in Scotland, Church of Scotland, and married. Neither one was able to read or write. Their daughter Christie (35) lived with them, as well as Christie's son Hector McLean (11).6|
|Death||Mary died between 1871 and 1881, probably in Bruce County.7|
|Last Edited||4 Sep 2013|
- Microfilm of the Church Register of York County Maple Presbyterian Church register (also known as St. Andrews and St. Pauls), 1829-1912 (Family History Library, 0207904), from son Hugh's marriage record.
- Microfilm of the Old Parochial Register of Kilfinichen and Kilvickeon, Argyllshire, 1804-1854 (Family History Library, 1041079), 102388 is another filming, McLean/McGillvra marriage, 1814.
- Online image of the 1851/52 Census for Canada (Library and Archives Canada, http://www.collectionscanada.ca/02/020122_e.html), York County (42), Vaughan (401), page 221.
- Microfilm of the Old Parochial Register of Kilfinichen and Kilvickeon, Argyllshire, 1804-1854 (Family History Library, 1041079), 102388 is another filming.
- 1861 Census for Ontario "York County, Vaughan Tp (474), page 101."
- 1871 Census for Canada "Bruce County, Bruce Twp, page 51."
- Inferred from analysis of data.
- Microfilm of the Church Register of York County Maple Presbyterian Church register (also known as St. Andrews and St. Pauls), 1829-1912 (Family History Library, 0207904), McLean/Bryson marriage, 1861.