#314, (circa 1809 - 11 December 1878)
|Birth||Eliza Forster was born circa 1809 in Harlow, Essex.2|
|Marriage||She married James Cordell, son of John Cordell and Susanna (-?-), on 24 Nov 1827 in Harlow.|
They were married by banns with the consent of their parents. Eliza signed with an X. The witness was Susanna Forster.3
|1841 Census||James and Eliza Cordell appeared on the 1841 Census of Harlow, Essex, at Burrs Farm. James was 35, an Ag Lab, and was born in the county of Essex. His wife Eliza was not present. The children were John (10), Eliza (8), Elizabeth (6), Sarah (3), and George (1). There was a housekeeper, Frances Thurgood, 65. The apparent head of household was Rachel Wentworth, 85, not born in Essex. Note that the 1841 census records ages rounded down to the nearest 5 years, does not record relationships, and only indicates whether or not the person was born in the county.4 |
|1851 Census||James and Eliza appeared on the 1851 Census of Harlow, Essex, at Burr's Farm. James was 46 and an agricultural labourer. Eliza was 42. Their children at home were John (20, ag lab), Sarah (13, scholar), George (11, errand boy), and Emma (9, scholar). They were all born in Harlow.2 |
|1871 Census||James and Eliza Cordell appeared on the 1871 Census of Harlow, Essex, at Foster Street. James was 66, an agricultural laborer, and was born in Harlow. Eliza was 59 and born in Harlow.5 |
|Burial.||Eliza Forster was buried on 11 Dec 1878 in Potter Street Baptist, Harlow, Essex. The burial record noted that she was 66 years old. There was also a burial record 14 Dec 1878 for the Foster Street Non Conformist Burial Ground.6 |
- Microfilm of the Parish Register of St. Mary's and St. Hugh's church, Harlow, Essex, 1755-1984 (Family History Library, 1472363). marriage.
- 1851 Census for England & Wales, HO107/1770 folio 491 page 10. Image viewed at Ancestry.
- Microfilm of the Parish Register of St. Mary's and St. Hugh's church, Harlow, Essex, 1755-1984 (Family History Library, 1472363).
- 1841 Census for England & Wales, HO107/33 Book 3 Folio 47. Image viewed at Ancestry or Findmypast.
- 1871 Census for England & Wales, RG10/1641 folio 53. Image viewed at Ancestry.
- National Burial Index for England & Wales, compiled by Federation of Family History Societies, Bury, England, 2004. Viewed online at findmypast.com. Eliza Cordell, 1878.